Android OS Forum banner
201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Just got my DCDC-USB in the mail (happy happy joy joy!!
lol).

Guess I have some work to do in the weekend... if my add-a-fuse arrives until then, that is.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Woohoo welcome to the world of stable power!!
Something's worrying me though. I couldn't get hold of the enclosure. The guys from mini-box are selling it in Amazon at an accessible price but are also asking for about $90 (!!!) for the shipping. That's nuts!! And I can't seem to find it in any european website. Sucks! :|

·
Registered
290 Posts
Something's worrying me though. I couldn't get hold of the enclosure. The guys from mini-box are selling it in Amazon at an accessible price but are also asking for about $90 (!!!) for the shipping. That's nuts!! And I can't seem to find it in any european website. Sucks! :|
That's ridiculous, PM me if you want me to try and find out how much to ship one over to you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
That's ridiculous, PM me if you want me to try and find out how much to ship one over to you.
Was just looking on eBay and found one (silver collored, that's odd...) for $12.95 plus $19 shipping. Sold by mp3car. Still... paying almost 35 bucks for something that mini-box sells for $3.95... it's tough to swallow. lol

I can't PM you right now... (firewall issues, I think). Still... could you please try and find out how much it would be? Thanks mate!! :) I'm aware that you'd pay for shipping from mini-box.com since the order would be under $50.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Will do, where are you located again? I feel like it's Portugal, but I can't remember for certain.
Yep... Portugal. Thanks again!

·
Registered
290 Posts
OK, I checked with UPS first..... $99 hahahaha for a $4 part that weighs probably not even 500G. So, I then checked with USPS and it's reasonable from there, Priority Mail which would take 6-10 business days is $23.95, First Class, delivery time varies, is $12. Mini-box showed $5.99 shipped to me, so depending in speed of shipping it's between $29.95 and $18.

·
Registered
593 Posts
OK, I checked with UPS first..... $99 hahahaha for a $4 part that weighs probably not even 500G. So, I then checked with USPS and it's reasonable from there, Priority Mail which would take 6-10 business days is $23.95, First Class, delivery time varies, is $12. Mini-box showed $5.99 shipped to me, so depending in speed of shipping it's between $29.95 and $18.
$18? Uhm... how? lol

3.95 + 5.99 + 12 = $21.94

Am I missing something here?
Still beats the $31.95 from eBay.

First class is fine... it's not like I'm a rush. I'm also pretty sure I got things mailed via USPS First Class in the past that arrived within a week or so. So... I'm cool with that. :)

Edit:
Ohhhh.... $5.95 altogether. I knew I had to be missing something. lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Thank you Kookie for all the information,after many hours of hard work I finished this project!
That looks awesome!!! Stock-looking just the way I like it!! :D

Oh, and you're quite welcome mate! :)

As for the DCDC-USB... I didn't have the time to mess with it this past weekend, but since I'll be on holidays soon (end of the week) that's ok. I'll have plenty of time to do things the right way. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
kookie has not been around for a while. But I think I recall he's just using that background with desktop visualizer invisible buttons. You just need to download that image file and Photoshop it, really... :)

Reactions: Kookie_Monster

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made the shortcuts using Tasker. Created a task which emulates a "volume down" or "volume up" key-press Then created the widget on UCCW (includes both buttons) and added a hotspot to each referring to the each task.
I'm having issues with this. I have about a 1 second delay when touching the volume up or volume down. I noticed tasker goes through SuperSU for every touch of the virtual volume buttons which could be the reason for the delay. Did you have this problem at all?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm having issues with this. I have about a 1 second delay when touching the volume up or volume down. I noticed tasker goes through SuperSU for every touch of the virtual volume buttons which could be the reason for the delay. Did you have this problem at all?
I have similar behaviour with my back and forward skipping track buttons, but only right after the tablet boots up. It sort of fixes itself, after a while and, the buttons get responsive enough, though some delay is still noticed but I guess is something I can live with... Yeah, tasker is to blame, I too suspect.

EDIT: I think this was definetely caused by tasker. Fixed itself, after updating it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ah, I really wish I could see a larger "fancy diagram"
Eh.. it's been a while since I last checked this topic... :winkP:

Here you go mate...

nexus7diagram.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Kookie, so I was wondering, after all this time, how has it been for you with your install?.. Is everything still in place? Has it proven useful and much better over stock head unit? No major issues? Not even battery drain?

I just recently found out my Tilapia has a defective NFC chip (causing excessive battery drain) and I have to RMA it... :lame:

201 - 220 of 236 Posts