Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
WOW. I wont it =)
That's not hard to do, wave_is.

A wallpaper and a few custom icons applied with Desktop Visualizer.

On the left, weather, time and lost call/msgs custom widgets made with Ultimate Custom Widget.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
wave_is... I found the link to the icons I used on those buttons:

http://dryicons.com/free-icons/preview/coquette-icons-set/

There's 9 different parts to it, so make sure you download them all to get all the fun!!

As for the custom nav bar... it's going to be a little more difficult than I thought, since the CM guys did an awesome job on it themselves. The thing is, in order to achieve it, they changed the whole SystemUI, which now works very differently from stock rom. It will be an absolute pain in the *** to do this!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think I'm about to drop the whole custom Navigation bar issue. I managed to change the bar's height and also customize existing buttons. But adding new buttons, well... that's a whole different story. It's difficult to do in Stock ROM, let alone in CM10.1 after they added nav bar customization.

For now I'm resizing the bar to take less space on the screen and making a custom bar using images and Desktop Visualizer.

I'll report back when I have developments.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update:

I'm currently working on a two custom bars using Ultimate Custom Widget and Tasker (when needed):

Bar 1 (Low):
  • Volume Up
  • Volume Down
  • Previous Track
  • Play
  • Next Track
  • Brightness
  • Power Button (shows boot menu)

Bar 2 (Top):
  • Now playing (Artist, Track, Album)
  • Battery state
  • Charge state
  • Speech Button

I intend on including a few more things:

Album cover, for instance, but I still have to find how Poweramp broadcasts this info.

Suggestions are welcome! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
this is my project
Very nice UI!!! :D

I like the way you integrated the Poweramp and Torque widgets. I don't like the default Torque skin though.

Still... nice project! :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi. Thank you for the special mentioning. I have just one question: when will your Cruze 7" Fascia finally arrive, so you can start implementing?
(And send real pictures?)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi. Thank you for the special mentioning. I have just one question: when will your Cruze 7" Fascia finally arrive, so you can start implementing?
(And send real pictures?)
You're quite welcome. It's the least I could do for all the help you've been giving us.

I wish it would arrive tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure it will still take a while. If it gets detained at customs, one more month or so. Sucks... :|

I'm finishing my UI. I couldn't implement that custom navigation bar as I wanted. It's too complicated and I just don't have the knowledge to do it. I think I'm gonna give a few apps a try. I managed to resize the navigation bar but I'm now having trouble clicking the buttons, cause they're too small. And I don't like the default size 'cause it just takes too much space on the screen.

I'll give these a try:

Button Bar Virtual
Button Savior
GMD Gesture Control

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here's a a preview of the UI I'm working on. I think I might be ending this task soon! :)

Reactions: Kuchar09

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here's a a preview of the UI I'm working on. I think I might be ending this task soon! :)

Ok I really need to figure out how to do this!!! I think I understand most of it but are you editing the wallpaper or were you able to find it already with the tab like sides. I guess I could always do it in Photoshop, but I feel lazy lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok I really need to figure out how to do this!!! I think I understand most of it but are you editing the wallpaper or were you able to find it already with the tab like sides. I guess I could always do it in Photoshop, but I feel lazy lol
It's actually the combination of 3 or 4 different images. The icons are even a little custom made. I mean, the button itself, not the symbols inside it. It's taken me a while to achieve this outcome, since I'm not very handy with Photoshop. Trust me... I understand why you feel lazy about it. lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just out of curiosity how did you do the volume buttons? I never did figure that out before.
Do you mean... the shortcuts or the "visual" buttons?

I made the shortcuts using Tasker. Created a task which emulates a "volume down" or "volume up" key-press Then created the widget on UCCW (includes both buttons) and added a hotspot to each referring to the each task.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you mean... the shortcuts or the "visual" buttons?

I made the shortcuts using Tasker. Created a task which emulates a "volume down" or "volume up" key-press Then created the widget on UCCW (includes both buttons) and added a hotspot to each referring to the each task.
I'm talking about the 2 volume buttons on the bottom left.
Oh ok that makes sense!! I thought it might have been an app like the track buttons which I guess you could also do this way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm talking about the 2 volume buttons on the bottom left.
Oh ok that makes sense!! I thought it might have been an app like the track buttons which I guess you could also do this way.
The track buttons where also made using the same "technique", though I evaluated "Media Buttons". The problem with that app is that it resizes the buttons to a smaller-than-desired size. It's a fixed installation... the buttons are better be big. lol

I intend on sharing the profiles once everything is working correctly and thoroughly tested. I'm guessing it will help people out.

Oh.... where did you mount your DVB-T antenna, btw?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The track buttons where also made using the same "technique", though I evaluated "Media Buttons". The problem with that app is that it resizes the buttons to a smaller-than-desired size. It's a fixed installation... the buttons are better be big. lol

I intend on sharing the profiles once everything is working correctly and thoroughly tested. I'm guessing it will help people out.

Oh.... where did you mount your DVB-T antenna, btw?
I mounted my DVB-T antenna and back cover for the nexus 7 above the headliner right above the passenger sun visor.
If you have any problems getting GPS signal I highly recommend mounting GPS antenna high... it's a night and day difference.

Sorry if this is a stupid queston but is there an easy way to make tasker simulate the volume up button? I have this giant loop process that I used for GMD geasture that counts from 0-15 where each number represents a volume setting, but there has to be an easier way lol

OMG I think I figured it out!!
Is it the option under Input>>Button>>Volume Up?
How the heck did I not see this before!!! WOW

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sorry if this is a stupid queston but is there an easy way to make tasker simulate the volume up button? I have this giant loop process that I used for GMD geasture that counts from 0-15 where each number represents a volume setting, but there has to be an easier way lol
It's not stupid at all... your process is actually quite similar to what I was doing until I came across the correct solution. lol I was getting the value from the global variable and adding or subtracting "1" for each click. lol

Anyway... Task->Add->Inputs->Button->Volume Up/Volume Down

Pretty lame, huh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not stupid at all... your process is actually quite similar to what I was doing until I came across the correct solution. lol I was getting the value from the global variable and adding or subtracting "1" for each click. lol

Anyway... Task->Add->Inputs->Button->Volume Up/Volume Down

Pretty lame, huh?
Yeah the global variable was the method used... This is much easier lol.

So technically could I just pull out my BA Photoshop skills and add the "visual" buttons and text to my wallpaper? Well maybe not text that way I don't have to try and find blank hotspot widgets, I can see that being a real pain lol.

This method may not be for everyone I was just having a hard time getting the themes to add to the button app for some reason.

Just thinking it might be easier for "ME" since its less work I have to do it the car.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yeah the global variable was the method used... This is much easier lol.

So technically could I just pull out my BA Photoshop skills and add the "visual" buttons and text to my wallpaper? Well maybe not text that way I don't have to try and find blank hotspot widgets, I can see that being a real pain lol.

This method may not be for everyone I was just having a hard time getting the themes to add to the button app for some reason.

Just thinking it might be easier for "ME" since its less work I have to do it the car.
I can see two options for you:

Option 1: either you add the buttons directly to the wallpaper, make a new transparent image, export it as jpg/png and use it as image to the custom widget. (I'm not sure, but I'm almost positive you can actually create a blank widget on UCCW just by adding the hotspot, so you won't have to create the transparent image);

Option 2: create the buttons and use them on the custom widgets.

Now... I find option 2 to make one's life a little easier, since you won't have to make all sorts of experiments to suit the buttons to the widget's grid. You just make the widget with the image on it, size and position it and you're all set.

Here's what I'll do... when I get home tonight I'll make a Zip with the .psd's and the images used to make the UI, upload it and make it available on the OP. How's that? :) That way you'll have a better understanding on what I did and how.

Reactions: tougher_fox
21 - 40 of 236 Posts