Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I'm putting this here to keep it updated on the latest word on the specs for the new guy in town. If you think I have something wrong, please post in here and I'll consider updating with your new info.

• Name: "Samsung Galaxy Nexus", or "Droid Prime" if we don't get a true Nexus
  • Network: LTE, GSM, Wimax - pretty much all of them
  • Model Number: SCH-I515 is supposedly the "Droid" while GT-I9250 is supposed the "Nexus"
  • CPU: OMAP4 processor, dual-core 1.4-1.5GHz, very possibly the OMAP4460
  • RAM: 1GB
  • Screen: Super AMOLED HD 1280x720, curved 4.6" screen -> pseudo-confirmed
  • Primary Camera: single (i.e. non-3D) unknown MP
  • Front-facing Camera: single unknown MP
  • NFC: Yes
  • Bluetooth: 3.0
  • Battery: Unknown
  • Networks: Unknown but hopefully all 4 major carriers + LTEs
  • Release Date: November 3

Also, if there are specs I'm missing, do please help me add them! :)

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Hrmm...curved screen. I haven't had my hands on a nexus so I don't know how I would feel about that. I will have to take a trip to a store and check it out. I do like the rumor about the metal case. One thing I don't care about my wife's charge is that it is so light. Its not as bad with the hard plastic protective case she has now but with out it I felt like I was gonna break the darn thing lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"malac0da said:
Hrmm...curved screen. I haven't had my hands on a nexus so I don't know how I would feel about that. I will have to take a trip to a store and check it out. I do like the rumor about the metal case. One thing I don't care about my wife's charge is that it is so light. Its not as bad with the hard plastic protective case she has now but with out it I felt like I was gonna break the darn thing lol.

The curved screen on the nexus s is rather nice, it protects the majority of the screen from scratches when placed face down too, I think its a neat feature.

Also, to add to the rumoured spec list, I've seen 5mp with 1080p video tossed around for the rear camera and a 1mp ffc.

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jonathon Grigg said:
Also, to add to the rumoured spec list, I've seen 5mp with 1080p video tossed around for the rear camera and a 1mp ffc.

Is this based on somebody's speculation or is this rumored leaked info? I've only seen speculation so far.

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
Its all speculation at this point because it hasn't been officially announced. With that said is anyone worried about the screen being too big? I'm not. I think it just appears that big because there are no capacitive buttons on the bottom like honeycomb. That space will just be filled with touchscreen buttons.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
itsTreyG said:
Its all speculation at this point because it hasn't been officially announced. With that said is anyone worried about the screen being too big? I'm not. I think it just appears that big because there are no capacitive buttons on the bottom like honeycomb. That space will just be filled with touchscreen buttons.
No, there are two different things. Speculation is guessing whereas leaks are unconfirmed and possibly changing things based on inside knowledge. Two totally different things. I'm not putting speculation in here (at least trying not to), just the latest leaked info.

As for the screen too big, I'm in total agreement. I actually just blogged some details about this a few days ago. Check out my blog posts. Ultimately, it would be easy for them to make a device physically the same size as a TBolt but with a 4.62"screen. It would be possible but difficult to do the same with a 4.9"screen. Losing the buttons is huge.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Hrmm very interesting. I hope it doesn't keep the home button. But if the phone isn't running ics it would have to have a button so maybe its just a prototype unit? You know just to test most of the functionality of the phone. Then when ics is ready will actually go buttonless.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Anyone see what phandroid posted from 4chan? Looks exciting but it is from 4chan...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"itsTreyG said:
Sweet, although I'm really starting to think there will be several Nexus-y phones released this year. All running stock ICS but with this one having the exynos cpu and then there's also the confirmed TI partnership with Google which isn't mentioned here. But man does that sound promising!

Hurry up and get released already!

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
I just hope that the 4chan post was real. And it said the galaxy nexus was a vzw exclusive which is a promising that they aren't dumbing it down and bloating it for vzw too.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
You have the "Names" of the rumored model numbers reversed.

The i515 would be the "Droid". Verizon's Samsung Smartphone model formula is such.

The GT-I9250 would be the "Nexus".

Reactions: Jaxidian
1 - 20 of 23 Posts