Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on replacing Launcher2.apk from GC FE 2.0 and putting it into GC GBE 1.9RC2.3. Am I getting into something I shouldn't be? I primarily just want it for a wallpaper from 2.0. Anytime someone tries to send me a wallpaper, it makes me crop it down. I want the full wallpaper. Would unpacking and repacking the separate .apks be a better option, or am I ok to go ahead and just switch these?

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
"Rythmyc said:
Planning on replacing Launcher2.apk from GC FE 2.0 and putting it into GC GBE 1.9RC2.3. Am I getting into something I shouldn't be? I primarily just want it for a wallpaper from 2.0. Anytime someone tries to send me a wallpaper, it makes me crop it down. I want the full wallpaper. Would unpacking and repacking the separate .apks be a better option, or am I ok to go ahead and just switch these?
Well... I don't have RC2 loaded up anymore but if u try this, are u doing it via root explorer or adb? If u do it, remove the launcher on gbe from system/apps then place the launcher u want into system/apps. You'll have to re set permissions on the new apk. I don't know if the framework in gbe is modded to match the launcher. I would suggest dl launcherpro or adw as a backup in case u place the new launcher in, set permissions, reboot, and get a fc on launcher. At least u can then run adw to get back to root explorer to replace the gbe launcher.

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did it an "easier" way and unpacked it, placed the wallpaper I wanted into it. Repacked it, and replaced the .apk in the GBE .zip. So it installed the "new" .apk with the new wallpaper. Worked like a charm.

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Rythmyc said:
The wallpapers isnt in the launcher its in gummypapers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts