Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Maybe a quick description of what this is? Please?

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
"BootAnimator said:
Maybe a quick description of what this is? Please?
Pretty sure the ppl he meant it for know what it is and that's why he said for devs.

Sent from my r00ted Transformer using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
No doubt, but what does it mean for the rest of us? Is it just a toy for them, or what?

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
That's what I was guessing. Just wasn't sure if that meant it was something that would solely streamline dev's work (which is damn useful, no doubt) or if it's something that'll eventually worm its way into our grubby li'l hands.

·
Banned
148 Posts
This can allow us to s-off both the radio + EEMC. This is a diag image. Also, it can unlock the sim for global.

We just need to figure out how to use it without having a eng sim.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
rhcp011235 said:
This can allow us to s-off both the radio + EEMC. This is a diag image. Also, it can unlock the sim for global.

stupid question, but does that mean that we could potentially use all of our advertised 8 gigs of internal storage?

·
Banned
148 Posts
icanhazdroid said:
stupid question, but does that mean that we could potentially use all of our advertised 8 gigs of internal storage?
It has nothing to do with what you are thinking. this is for devs only.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
rhcp011235 said:

So this might allow our TBs to be used outside the U.S.? :D

·
Banned
148 Posts
swifty31703 said:
So this might allow our TBs to be used outside the U.S.? :D
If someone can figure out how to use it without an ENG sim. Yes. it can even s-off/root a phone from s-on without downgrade.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
rhcp011235 said:
If someone can figure out how to use it without an ENG sim. Yes. it can even s-off/root a phone from s-on without downgrade.
I look forward to what comes out of this! All the awesome DEVs do your magic!

·
Average Android
85 Posts
rhcp011235 said:

oooh radio s-off would be awsome. hopefully someone is able to do something with this :cool:

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
We don't have a physical antenna for the gsm frequencies, just for the lte of the verizon kind. So I'm sure unlocking the radio won't do anything for us. This might have other uses though. I'm just not qualified enough to guess those uses. Right now though, I would love it if this could make me an omelette...

Sent from my thunderbolt

·
Average Android
169 Posts
Khanam said:
We don't have a physical antenna for the gsm frequencies, just for the lte of the verizon kind. So I'm sure unlocking the radio won't do anything for us. This might have other uses though. I'm just not qualified enough to guess those uses. Right now though, I would love it if this could make me an omelette...

Sent from my thunderbolt
Unlocking the radio might allow us to roam on AT&T's LTE when its up. AFAIK, VZW and AT&T LTE will use the same frequency.

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
"coggy9 said:
Unlocking the radio might allow us to roam on AT&T's LTE when its up. AFAIK, VZW and AT&T LTE will use the same frequency.
Not true. ATT will be using the lower end of the 700mhz (704-745) and VZW is in the higher 700mhz (746-787) range.

Metropcs is in the 1700 range so that's way out of the question to. Guess the didn't consider in-building penetration lol.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Maybe... With this miui will be possible? If we send a thunderbolt to china with ut being s off and whatever with this... Maybe they can do the miui with the lte ril? Idk, just thinking of what COULD happen.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.