Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
coldconfession13 said:
You have no idea what you are doing. P3 didn't have to release the gb. Thanks to people like you this happens again. I'm pretty sure you don't have his connections. Thanks douche
Thanks to people like r2doesinc, people learn to not mindlessly follow someone and throw their money away for something that should be free. Maybe you're a billionaire and don't care about spending money needlessly, but I'd rather not have to pay for something if I didn't have to.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thats how we felt as a community about his actions.

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
I understand you don't agree with what he does.. But the reality is, who the hell else is going to get leaks? If you don't like that he charges for his TBH app then don't buy it! he is and will release it Thursday for free to everyone!!

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
I didn't see Kejar's comments when I was posting so I wanted to add..

I doubt that anyone in the Charge community doesn't appreciate what TBH accomplished with the leak. Some of us just aren't crazy about the way it happened.
There is also little question that trying to openly undermine their efforts is also wrong.

Personally, I do not plan to download until it is freely available on Thursday out of respect for the community and ALL of it's members.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Guy guys, look at it as a gift.. we could have nothing, no gingerbread no leaks. He is our inside man.. yes the app is 2 bucks.... oh well, you want something early? well you have pay for, Thats how it works in the real world. I do understand and see your points of how it should be free, but what can you do? at least hes sharing. Im very grateful that i got Gingerbread early. and you should be to. Theres no need for the whining and complaining. Just let it go and lets all just (try) to get along to move development forward.

Thanks for you time

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Rominucka said:
Soooo....for those who have already flashed it, any glaring bugs or issues yet?
From what I know... Mobil Hotspot might not work... Battery history doesnt work but that it so far

·
Android Lover
471 Posts
That's All I've seen as well oh and back up assistant is gone but was left in the acc set up. Just needs some polishing

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Kejar31 said:
From what I know... Mobil Hotspot might not work... Battery history doesnt work but that it so far
Wow, you are quick to reply.
Good, well I'm not concerned with either of those two things.
What's gonna happen when this gets released OTA? Would I have to get rid of the leak first or will the OTA kick it out?

BTW, from what I've seen, GummyCharge is friggin awesome. Having stock Google on this stealthy beast is a dream. I'll probably just wait for you're GB Gummy release.
Sir, you and those like you are a testament to the incredibility of this super-fine OS.

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
originaldobo said:
That's All I've seen as well oh and back up assistant is gone but was left in the acc set up. Just needs some polishing

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Backup assistant is there.... but I will remove it from both the app and the account settings :p

·
Android Apprentice
196 Posts
-Samsung forgot to remove the GB orange glow from one place that I've found, the contact quick tasks (when scrolling horizontally due to too overflow). It's nice to see though for the people claiming it's just a skinned Froyo
-The text smoothing/rendering isn't there. A lot of things will look grainy because of it. That one is kind of annoying.
-Some apps won't show in the market according to p3droid due to the signature in the build.prop, but that is easy enough to fix.

Samsung PST is a more comprehensive tool than Odin is. Both will work.

Also, a quick weigh in for the TBH app. You wait two whole days if you don't buy it and you let other people sort out the bugs. Who knows what TBH (it's not just p3droid you know) have to do to get the leaks. I'd be pissed too if they weren't releasing them to everyone after a bit, but they are. If you're such a great dev and you think that paying for leaks is lame, go work on CM7 or roll your own real rom.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Lol I do. OMFGB. We have tbolt RIL opensourced before CM. We have a userbase of thousands, and support the ris, hero, inc, evo, d1, and thunderbolt. do some research bud. We've made engadget headlines, crashed servers with our downloads, etc.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Kejar31 said:
Either-way he was releasing it to the community Thursday at no charge. Who the hell are you to take it and release it without permission?
Who was he to take my CWM recovery kernel and include it in the Odin package and release it, under his paid app, without asking me? Also, why is it that we can't get a completely untouched Odin package? Maybe no one else noticed, but the file that is out there is missing a few things, and the file dates are different for things. I wouldn't be as annoyed at the release had it been left alone. For all we know, the bugs are because of something P3Droid & Co. did to the package before it got uploaded.

Prior to P3Droid, I had never heard of anyone charging for unreleased software for a phone, ever. Through several WinMo devices and the Fascinate, if software was leaked, it was free, and you could use it as you wished after it was deemed safe for the masses. There was never any big spectacle on Twitter, hundreds of teaser posts/pics/videos, it was sent out to the people that knew what they were doing so they could make sure it was safe, and then released. If people felt inclined to do so, they donated to the people that brought the release. No one was ever forced to pay for anything, and everyone had access to it at the same time.

IMO, what P3Droid is doing is against everything the hacker/modding community stands for, and by drawing so much attention, it just causes any potential leakers to shy away from releasing anything in the future. If you're releasing crap that isn't supposed to be, you're risking your career, and the attention that P3Droid and TBH are drawing by their latest 2 leaks, I'd want to avoid it as much as possible. No reason bringing any undue attention your way at all.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Also illegal :)
Theres a kernel included in that package isn't there?
GPL baby, GP-****ing-L

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.