Android OS Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
G

·
I need to update my sig (I'm lazy :p), but I keep going back to Liberty. It doesn't have the customization of CM7 or other 2nd-init ROMs, but it keeps me from messing with my phone as much and my fiance happy. Happy fiance > heavily modded phone. Plus, freaking amazing battery life and HDMI support makes it worthwhile.

I've tried to go back to the OTA before, but I ended up SBFing that night and going back to Liberty. Bloatware is annoying, and the screen jerking instead of smooth transitions just irks me.

·
Developer
718 Posts
did you say you're never satisfied with any rom? you do know miui was ported to the DX right!?!?

G

·
SyNiK4L said:
ugg stock
I think stock looks pretty good, but the slowness of it just gets on my nerves. If only it could be as fast as a custom ROM while still maintaining the same look. The closest thing to that is running the Blur launcher with Apex or Liberty.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, I'm thinking an sbf is in store for me sometime this week when I'm off. Then it's back to cm or maybe omgb...not sure yet though. I'm just sick of stock. I do love this battery life but I'm willing to trade it off for performance. Idk.

·
Android Lover
179 Posts
"soulsiphoner said:
Well, I'm thinking an sbf is in store for me sometime this week when I'm off. Then it's back to cm or maybe omgb...not sure yet though. I'm just sick of stock. I do love this battery life but I'm willing to trade it off for performance. Idk.
You made it longer than I can. I switched to .602 when it leaked and made it a day before going back to liquid. I hate bloat and moto specializes in it...

G

·
soulsiphoner said:
Well my patience paid off. Just rooted .602 ota via the "one click" method. About to try Shuji 2 or the new ApeX...
CM7 for the GB kernel is worth looking at as well. I've been running it since the latest unofficial nightly and love it. My battery life is around 16-18 hours on a full charge, which is tolerable even if it's not as good as Shuji or Apex. I think the extra customization is worth it since I highly doubt I'll be without a charger for over 18 hours.

·
Android Lover
169 Posts
soulsiphoner said:
Yep but I was going to be charged for my phone being rooted if I didn't sbf it before sending it in for a warranty exchange when my camera button stopped working. I didn't use my insurance claim...sorry for that confusion...
I can get into the bootloader without the camera button. I figured this out on my own. While your phone is off, Hold both Volume Up/Down at the same time then press and hold the power button. This will get you into the bootloader without the camera button.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
troybuilt said:
I can get into the bootloader without the camera button. I figured this out on my own. While your phone is off, Hold both Volume Up/Down at the same time then press and hold the power button. This will get you into the bootloader without the camera button.
That's good to know. Thanks.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts