Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always run Motorola Droids but now have switched to the T-Bolt. Yes sir I've searched but found nothing definitive on rooting the Bolt or what apps I need. Open fire. This old man (63) needs a little help getting started.

Thanks

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
The TB has been rooted for quite awhile, in fact there is an excellent guide located right here on RootzWiki. Let us know if you need anything else, there's a great community of people ready and willing to lend some guidance here at RootzWiki.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, this takes me back to the first Droid root. I guess no one has a shorter route to root yet. It will come with time. I guess I better wait a little.

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Its really not as daunting as it seems. The most difficult thing is setting ADB up, which really isn't all that difficult either.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
ergon said:
Wow, this takes me back to the first Droid root. I guess no one has a shorter route to root yet. It will come with time. I guess I better wait a little.
You're probably not going to get a shorter route to rooting. The developers are intentionally making it take a learning curve to root the phone. The reason is that if you learn what you need to in order to root it manually, then you will much better understand what you're doing when you flash roms, radios, and kernels. If you don't manually root it, then you don't learn some of the things that it takes to maintain your rooted phone.

Think of it like this. Your parents could have just given you the keys to a car and sent you on your merry way to learn how to drive while on the road, or they could have taught you things first before actually giving you the keys to get on the road. That's what this rooting process does - it teaches you things. You'll be hard-pressed to find a developer who will make this process any easier. So if you wait, well, you'll be waiting a long time!

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have ADD and sometimes it's a pain to follow written instructions. P3 had to call me way back in the beginning and walk me through one part. :androidwink:But thanks for all the help.

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
My tbolt's usb port is messed up and I want to unroot it so that I may return it. Is there a way to unroot it or do I just flash any of the vzw OTAs and hope it works?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts