When would be alpha coming guys ??
Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore
Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore
What's ricardo sir doing... no ideaBuild 11, nothing of the mentioned fixed.
But I heard somewhere that swap reduces your sd card's lifespan and ultimately kills it...Hey guys SWAP is very important, specifically when you are browsing on multiple windows/tabs.
In the stock ROM every time you switched from one browser window/tab to the other, the page reloads making the browsing experience a very slow painful thing, the Cyanogen ROM however improved that a little but not much(a slight load on this too and the browser crashes and your VALUABLE research window/tabs are lost...
Whereas swap gives you a great browsing experience minus the crashes, with multiple browser windows/tabs, the page once loaded will not reload, so when you are switching between them the content of the page is static and visible all the time and making toggling between them a pleasurable experience !!!!!!!
I would say SWAP is a necessity on devices with less than 256MB RAM, and our device has only 194MB RAM !!!
People who do not need swap can always abstain from activating it on their devices.
(to my knowledge ... A SWAP ENABLED KERNEL WILL NOT SLOW THE ROM, ITS A FEATURE WHICH LETS THE KERNEL EXECUTE THE 'SWAPON' COMMAND.......so performance and a swap enabled kernel are not related.)
Honestly i don't see any LAG in the speed of my device from builds 11 to 14.
I did face a choppy keyboard response on build 14 but i downgraded tested and upgraded back and tested and the choppiness ... it was resolved. YOU CAN TRY DOING THE SAME AND SEE IF THE MINOR ISSUES SELF CORRECT !
Guys we need to wait until the stable version is out, all the devs currently seem very busy adding newer device support.
All the unresolved issue will hopefully be ironed out in the stable release !!!
Patience is a virtue ... and i can see that it is paying off ... the stock rom is lost way behind.
Kudos Cyanogen and Dev's
Its not sad.. it maybe good news actually.. maybe ricardo wants to move on to alpha so he is trying to solve all the problems listed here its useless relesing a new build everynight without any progressNo nightly last night???
Can you tell. Us. How would all this help ?? I mean m a n00b in this so please explain swap and how all this would help in better functioning and how ??Assuming u are on a cm7 nightly build 12 and later ...
1. Download the Darktremor's A2SD zip file.
2. Backup up ur SD card to your comp.
3. Boot into CWM recovery, go to advanced - partition card - choose the ext. Partition size(this is where your apps will be installed). Choose the swap partition size (I have set 128mb) don't get greedy as it will be counter productive, even my 128mb is on the higher side (as popular recomended size is 32mb) and at times some processes send the swap usage to more than 100mb and my phone strugggles and freezes ... I guess u get the point - confirm the partition ur SD card is partitiioned.
4. Go back to the first screen on the recovery - go to mounts and storage - connect ur device to the comp - and choose the last option on this list ... this will let u access ur SD card from the comp. ... now copy the downloaded DT's A2SD zip file to the root of the SD card ... go back - select mount data - select mount system - go back and install the zip file the same way u install a cm build.
After everything has run successfully reboot the device ...
It will take sometime to boot depending on the number of apps u on ur device ... device could reboot from the boot screen or it cud login to the device and reboot after sometime ... just give it some time ... patience is paramount
5. Download and install the A2SDGUI from the market, this app will help u do things easily as compared to a command line procedure.
6. Go to the low memory tab in this app and choose the second option (the optimum one). This setting should manage ur swap better.
That's it !!!
Sent from my LG-C660 using Tapatalk