Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I've compiled a custom OC Kernel for the LG Slate, overclockable to 1.5ghz to start.

Will be working on adding BFS next. Nice Quadrant and linkpack results.

To flash this kernel just download the .img and use fastboot to flash it

./fastboot flash boot FayeK-OC-1.5.img

Or if you just wish to boot the kernel to test it without flashing you can

./fastboot boot FayeK-OC-1.5.img

You can download the kernel, and keep an eye out for future ones at:
http://code.google.com/p/lg-v909/

UPDATE: I just added FayeK-OC-CIFS.img to the downloads, adds built in CIFS support and is running stable. Will look into BFS though it's giving me a lot of backtalk and issues. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out soon!

More info to come!

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
Liking it a lot so far! Running 312/1504 ondemand if anyone's interested. It's been the most stable for me as of right now.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just added CIFS support, working on BFS next. Hopefully will have something to show in a little bit. If I can't get BFS working tonight I'll release the CIFS kernel anyways. (It's not a module, so cifs will work out of the box with kernel).

I'm using 216/1504 ondemand, haven't had any issues at all :)

·
Developer
30 Posts
Nice job man... grats!! And u do this the day after I get mine... I am slackin lol... Is your code up on github? It may be required by some sites via GPL... Keep that in mind. I am more so interested in a fork as I have some things to add and I could submit a pull request on yours if your interested but if not that's cool. I was hoping you might look at my git and my last commit and tell me where I am off and maybe submit a pull request with the correct modified files and I can merge them. I am most interested in the OC patches as I patched mine but had compile errors and was curious where I went wrong. (Yeah, I dont know EVERYTHING lol) Anyways, I would like to chat a bit and maybe colab as well if your down. Hit me up, get my email or gtalk from anyone in the IRC channel. Again congrats bro... Glad to see we made moves!!... CR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts