DOWNLOAD
here
2. And goto LG hompage and download the right USB driver
3, Setting-application-development-enable USB debugging
and connect USB
Wi-fi has to be off!!!!
4. Run "RunMe_En.bat" from the file you have downloaded

4-1: press enter to continue
4-2: $sleep 20, it will stop a bit, turn on wifi and turn it off as soon as it is on. And wait!!
5. After it will show like this

It says to restart the phone but, just wait, it will restart automatically.
6.After it reboots press enter to continue.

It is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
5 Posts
What are you referring to by saying downgrade first? I know as it stands I am on SW verison VS920ZV4. I have tried it currently per your instructions and like Verison 4 it fails.to copy anything. but at the end says all done. but every line says "failed"

· Registered
5 Posts
I am trying it now. I went to LG site and downloaded drivers zip LG_USB_DRIVERS_ALL_4.9.7.zip. unzipped and ran install program for the USB drivers. Connected phone changed USB connection to internet connection and selected modem.(to enable USB Debugging mode) I downloaded the SU640_ROOF_OOOOOKCOQc.rar from the link you suppiled. I unzipped it as well. I ran RunMe_En.bat So far I got to the point you were in your screen capture. See http://s809.photobuc...otingscreen.png I have sat here for 30 minutes and the phone did not reboot on its own. I rebooted but looks like the rest of it failed as well see http://s809.photobuc...ingscreen2.png. Has anyone else tried this?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you have to enable the adb driver, which you have to install android adk, enable adb devices, and also you need to install demon tools lite, you need the exactly correct diver, if u meet all this requirement, it will work. I really do not post how to setup sdk , which is all around google LOL goodluck

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello thanks for the quick reply. Yea I have rooted alot of devices but this is my first working with an LG device. I do have Andriod SDK installed and ADB since I have had to use them to root other devices. I was asking questions becasue since it fails I was trying to compare what you did and what your setup is to make sure my environment is the same as yours and I succeed. Because when I do succeed I do plan to put instructions together for others and post it around. Because LG phones do not get the same love as HTC, Samsung and Motorola and the LG Spectrum is an awesome device so I am trying to spark people to get this device. I have already stated that if someone brings this root out and I can reproduce it and distribute it to the masses I will definitely donate to the person who takes the time to work with us to get this device rooted. I am going to wipe my enviroment and try again. installing Andriod SDK, ADB and demon tools lite. I also want to make sure I have the right driver to use with this procedure considering if you goto LG site and lookup drivers for the spectrum there are 3 different drivers to chose from. Anything you can assist on is greatly appriciated and is what these wiki and forums are all bout people helping people :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I managed to install superuser but not actual root every time, I figured out that that the process "4-2: $sleep 20, it will stop a bit, turn on wifi and turn it off as soon as it is on. And wait!!" you have to be very quick, I have tried 5 times and worked, so need patient.

· Average Android
300 Posts
So are u saying u are not getting full root with this method? or that superuser will install everytime but u need timing to be perfect to get actual root?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are very very close, we just need to downgrade this phone and run any rooting program(onclick, zergrush etc) but in order to downgrade, we need a older firmware, we need a firmware that cameout before Jan 18, but since this phone came out on 19th, we do not have a old firmware to downgrade. We just have to wait.

· Registered
113 Posts
We are very very close, we just need to downgrade this phone and run any rooting program(onclick, zergrush etc) but in order to downgrade, we need a older firmware, we need a firmware that cameout before Jan 18, but since this phone came out on 19th, we do not have a old firmware to downgrade. We just have to wait.
Hpchoi411, I've gotten v3.02 to flash on the phone, but it is still immune to Zergrush. I'd be willing to try an earlier firmware, but 3.02 is the earliest I can find out there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.