Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Beginner
201 Posts
this isnt really a bug, but if the app drawer could have the apps start at the top of the screen, or maybe add something to the top of the screen so it doesnt look so blank

edit: also the emergency call button is black on black, making the text unreadable

edit: im not sure if this is the 3d app drawers fault but the text in the app drawer is not clear

·
Average Android
151 Posts
Here are some things I have noticed

1). Jrummy app manager is always force closing on me
2.) Android market thinks I have some apps installed that I don't. For example I used to have gstrings guitar tuner installed on my stock rom before liberty. Now the market thinks its installed but its not. This could just be that I nlet it pull down apps that I had linked to my account.
3.) Battery life doesn't appear to be as good as the debloated stock rom I was using

·
Android Beginner
137 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I'm in the app drawer the right side seems to be unresponsive. I try to click on a appnut nothing happens I need to tap over and over to get the app to open.. its seems to be almost the whole right side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all thank you for your work. This Liberty Rom IS THE best rom on the D3 and is nearly flawless in terms of speed and as a daily driver. Some bugs I found.

1. The Mobile Hotspot is requesting the process com.motorola.service.vz.entitlement and it force closes as a result. (however tethering works fine. I am using the hack)
2. If you add to the number of hotseats to the phone and try to add Phone.apk or Contacts.apk it can't find them. It looks as though they are trying to grab the original Blur.Googleapp.apk.
3. Battery Drain can be pretty high. Looks to may be caused by blutooth. (running a day withoutblutooth)
4. The app drawer does leave a gap at the top.

Anyways thanks for your time!

·
Android Apprentice
114 Posts
First of all thank you for your work. This Liberty Rom IS THE best rom on the D3 and is nearly flawless in terms of speed and as a daily driver. Some bugs I found.

1. The Mobile Hotspot is requesting the process com.motorola.service.vz.entitlement and it force closes as a result. (however tethering works fine. I am using the hack)
2. If you add to the number of hotseats to the phone and try to add Phone.apk or Contacts.apk it can't find them. It looks as though they are trying to grab the original Blur.Googleapp.apk.
3. Battery Drain can be pretty high. Looks to may be caused by blutooth. (running a day withoutblutooth)
4. The app drawer does leave a gap at the top.

Anyways thanks for your time!
How does tethering work if the hotspot app crashes? Care to explain? Thanks.

·
Supporting Member
127 Posts
SMS apps seem to all show not compatible.

I can't install either GOsms or Handcent on my Fiancée's D3 (newest build of liberty)

·
Registered
5 Posts
- Google Translate says my device is not compatible in the market.

- Cell Standby seems to be consuming more battery than it should

- There is no option to turn off GSM radio in networks

- Stock Blur camera still ridiculously slow (not sure if this can really be addressed by anyone other than Motorola)

Edit: The market showing the device as not compatible seems to be pretty widespread. Tape-A-Talk, Handcent, and multiple other apps aren't showing up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having pretty significant battery drain issues caused by cell standby and (to a lesser but still significant extent) wifi. This seems very similar to the problems the Droid 3 had with the original firmware.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.