Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Android Lover
393 Posts
1) you didn't answer the question - how did you find out the DX can only detect 4 levels?
2) you say that the hard buttons have no brightness level, only on and off. I know for a fact, that when we got .596 the hard buttons (when turned on) where so bright they bled through the cracks between buttons.
going back to something like froyo (cm7,miui) sets them back to "stock" where they don't bleed through.
can you explain that? perhaps they do have levels, just nothing that can be used? idk. just curious.
3) thanks for the write up!

· Android Lover
393 Posts
droidxchat said:
Hey sorry you're right I didn't explain how you can see that it only detects 4 levels. You can test it yourself if you get different levels of light around your house, or bring the phone closer to and further from a lamp. Do this while on the "edit other levels" screen, and look at the number on the top, particularly the RAW sensor number. It will only ever be one of four values - 10, 100, 3600, or 8600. This has also been reported by others, these are called "discrete values" as they are the only ones available.

Regarding the button brightness. It is possible that there is a fixed brightness value set somewhere else in the phone, however, I know that in these menus here, setting a value of 0 will turn the buttons off, and setting any value between 1 and 255 will turn the buttons on to what may be this fixed brightness value somewhere else in the phone. I'll have to look more into that.

Again, you can verify for yourself that the buttons will not change brightness using these menus. Set the buttons to 1. Then set them to 255. You'll see no difference.
thanks for the answers
I dont want my buttons so bright they bleed through im just saying i know they go brighter :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.