Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Average Android
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid question but where is the light sensor on the Thunderbolt. (The Shoot Me) screen grabber says that you can take pictures by covering the light sensor. It suddenly doesn't work for me anymore. Don't know why yet. I know there are two small holes in the back of the case that nobody has ever said what they are for. are they the light sensors?

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
BTW, those two holes in the back cover...they are just two holes in the back cover.

They do nothing...they are just where the metal plate for the antenna connection are "pinned" to the plastic case.

Hmmm, maybe they open a dimensional portal??? LOL

·
Average Android
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dnakaman said:
BTW, those two holes in the back cover...they are just two holes in the back cover.

They do nothing...they are just where the metal plate for the antenna connection are "pinned" to the plastic case.

Hmmm, maybe they open a dimensional portal??? LOL
probably. lol. I would have overlooked them but even my body glove case has a hole where those two holes are so I figured they were useful for something.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
I remember reading somewhere it's for noise cancelling/video mic. But the Antenna thing makes sense given the contacts underneath it...

Anyone know what the IR light on the earpiece grille is? I always thought that was the light/proximity sensor...

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Ya, just pull the cover off and look at it, you'll see what I'm talking about. There is nothing underneath where the two holes are on the body of the phone except solid plastic. I thought it was funny too, since I have the Body Glove case as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts