Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been away from the droid for a while so I'm not up to date and I hope you guys can help me out. I want to hear some opinions on the best lightweight ROMs for the droid. I moved up to the TB when it came out but now my sister has been using my Droid and it's pretty slow. It's running CM7 right now and honestly I wouldn't put up with it how it is. Gave her a new battery so the battery life is fine but it just seems slow to respond to anything. She certainly isn't a power user so it doesn't need to be the most feature rich ROM.

Thanks in advance.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Rogan, thanks, I'll check that out.

@JSM9872, GB would be nice but I understand that the Droid doesn't officially have GB and I doubt she'll notice the difference so...

·
Android Beginner
155 Posts
I've never gone wrong with liquids roms, and they are super fast and lightweight, weighing in under 70mb. Plus lots off options. You can find the latest and greatest right here on rootzwiki

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pdc419 said:
You can find the latest and greatest right here on rootzwiki
Oh I'm quite aware of the greatness of rootzwiki ;)

Anyway, I think I'll try these things if I can get the phone away from her for a few hours. I was thinking of also trying Peter Alfonso's "stock" Gingerbread builds as I imagine they're pretty barebones.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
+1 on liquid roms.

Ran I think every version from the froyo days and GB and they have always been a favorite of mine.

Never ran any of the GPA builds but I know many people swear by them.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
All of the above are good but she might really benifit from chevyno1 's Simply Stunning roms... I know 5.5 is out but I prefer 5.4 and it has a builtin task killer that seems to really rock socks on my d1.. its not only my daily phone but my daily run rom too...

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
My personal (rock solid) favorites, in order. Birdman's v4, SholesMod~, DroidMod1.0, KrazyKrivda's CM5.0.6.2, and Sapphire 0.6.2. How's that for an A855 history lesson, lol? When the CM source included the blacklist though, I have been trying still to find my most favoritest ROM, otherwise I'd still be on the last in my list.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"teddyearp said:
My personal (rock solid) favorites, in order. Birdman's v4, SholesMod~, DroidMod1.0, KrazyKrivda's CM5.0.6.2, and Sapphire 0.6.2. How's that for an A855 history lesson, lol? When the CM source included the blacklist though, I have been trying still to find my most favoritest ROM, otherwise I'd still be on the last in my list.
I used sapphire the first time I rooted that phone back in the day. It was a good ROM. I won't be able to do anything to this phone anymore though. She'll just have to wait until her upgrade. Thanks for all the tips though everyone.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts