Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
This is pretty cool...

·
Average Android
93 Posts
ericerk said:
Oh yeahh, i loved em, To bad i had to flash back, Damn school email :/
Your missing out man this is one hell of a rom!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rustymcbain said:
Does anyone know what you should flash from I assume rooted gb? Didn't see it in the op?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Yeah i belive Gb, froyo may work but don't take my word

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
I flashed it on my wife's DX2...she was running rooted GB 2.3.3.

Booted into recovery
Backed up her current ROM
Wiped data/caches/battery stats
Flashed .1
Flashed .2 patch
Rebooted (took a while)
Restored apps (but not app data)/SMS/Call logs using My Backup Root

All is well, except the Social widget isn't there in the new ROM, which my wife isn't so happy about...other than that it runs well, has the toggle widgets, nifty animations, haven't noticed anything much aside from that, but it's her phone so I don't spend a ton of time w/it.

Nice thing is I can restore her backed up 2.3.3 ROM if things start to go badly...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Redflea said:
I flashed it on my wife's DX2...she was running rooted GB 2.3.3.

Booted into recovery
Backed up her current ROM
Wiped data/caches/battery stats
Flashed .1
Flashed .2 patch
Rebooted (took a while)
Restored apps (but not app data)/SMS/Call logs using My Backup Root

All is well, except the Social widget isn't there in the new ROM, which my wife isn't so happy about...other than that it runs well, has the toggle widgets, nifty animations, haven't noticed anything much aside from that, but it's her phone so I don't spend a ton of time w/it.

Nice thing is I can restore her backed up 2.3.3 ROM if things start to go badly...
Back the app up, flash rom, restore app Wouldn't that get rid of the problem??

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
If social widgets relies on libraries/supporting files not in or removed from the Atrix ROM, then no, that wouldn't work, and I believe that's the case. I restored the social widget APKs (another user was nice enough to pull them from the X2 ROM) set permissions, etc., rebooted and still no social widget.

Other than that, the ROM has been great, more stable for her than the official 2.3.3 leak, and appears to provide better battery life.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
ericerk said:
oh, sorry :/
No apology required! :) What you suggested was essentially the first thing I tried, but unfortunately it didn't work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Redflea said:
No apology required! :) What you suggested was essentially the first thing I tried, but unfortunately it didn't work.
Haha i just felt like i was trying to be helpful :/ I really need to F around with the system more and understand it a bit more to give better Advice... Regardless GoodLuck!!

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
The Dev provided the files necessary to get the social apps back, very cool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts