Android OS Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
jzd5032 said:
I've been using it for 2 days. Its amazing! Haven't found one issue. If it bootloops, or acts unstable, flash a slower kernel or go higher voltage. I haven't had a single bug, but everyone gets different results. Plus, camera works great now!!!
Been having problems with stability since 2.0. It seems to be the same problem with the latest CyanogenMod nightlies as well. The screen shakes uncontrollably, and I lose the touch keys don't respond. I have to force restart (ctrl + alt + delete). I've tried a number of kernels, with varying speeds. Prior to the initial install I did a full sdcard wipe and deleted cache, data multiple times, as well as formatting boot and system and wiping Davlik. I don't know if my OG Droid is just busted, or there is something else I'm doing wrong. On Pete's GPA16 beta now and no stability issues (its just much much slower than Liquid :-(

Any ideas what could be causing this instability over multiple diff Roms? Any hardware checks or tests to make sure that its not the phone itself?

I will try a higher voltage kernel from Chevy as those seem most compatible with Liquid Roms, and a lower max kernel speed. Hopefully that will fix things.

·
Average Android
122 Posts
nka said:
Been having problems with stability since 2.0. It seems to be the same problem with the latest CyanogenMod nightlies as well. The screen shakes uncontrollably, and I lose the touch keys don't respond. I have to force restart (ctrl + alt + delete). I've tried a number of kernels, with varying speeds. Prior to the initial install I did a full sdcard wipe and deleted cache, data multiple times, as well as formatting boot and system and wiping Davlik. I don't know if my OG Droid is just busted, or there is something else I'm doing wrong. On Pete's GPA16 beta now and no stability issues (its just much much slower than Liquid :-(

Any ideas what could be causing this instability over multiple diff Roms? Any hardware checks or tests to make sure that its not the phone itself?

I will try a higher voltage kernel from Chevy as those seem most compatible with Liquid Roms, and a lower max kernel speed. Hopefully that will fix things.
@nka, Try flashing a different kernel first and see if that helps.

I spoke too soon about the camera. not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but mine keeps freezing up and makes my phone beyond slow! Its definitely an improvement from LGBv2.0, which rebooted my phone each time i took a picture. I'm in puerto rico for a few weeks, and when i need the camera the most, it doesn't work. hahaha oh well.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
jzd5032 said:
@nka, Try flashing a different kernel first and see if that helps.

I spoke too soon about the camera. not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but mine keeps freezing up and makes my phone beyond slow! Its definitely an improvement from LGBv2.0, which rebooted my phone each time i took a picture. I'm in puerto rico for a few weeks, and when i need the camera the most, it doesn't work. hahaha oh well.
Currently testing a Medium voltage kernel without overclock. I don't really understand what the voltage has to do with the stability, I would think the lower voltage the better. I've tried Chevy Ultra-low, Low, and now on Medium. I have also tried jdflg kernels as well as CorCor kernels. Hopefully switching up the voltage will make a difference.

·
Average Android
122 Posts
nka said:
Currently testing a Medium voltage kernel without overclock. I don't really understand what the voltage has to do with the stability, I would think the lower voltage the better. I've tried Chevy Ultra-low, Low, and now on Medium. I have also tried jdflg kernels as well as CorCor kernels. Hopefully switching up the voltage will make a difference.
It makes a difference because the droid on stock voltage is med. voltage. Sometimes low or ulow will cause problems and may actually overheat and slow your phone down. May even cause bootloops and other problems. Med. voltage should always work great, while sacrificing some battery life and gains in phone temp. but if your phone can handle low or ulow, then you'll most probably get better battery life and a cooler temp phone. Every droid performs differently.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
jzd5032 said:
It makes a difference because the droid on stock voltage is med. voltage. Sometimes low or ulow will cause problems and may actually overheat and slow your phone down. May even cause bootloops and other problems. Med. voltage should always work great, while sacrificing some battery life and gains in phone temp. but if your phone can handle low or ulow, then you'll most probably get better battery life and a cooler temp phone. Every droid performs differently.
I see. Having a problem with Medium voltage with max 900 GHZ. Will try to take it down to 700 and see.

·
Average Android
122 Posts
thats pretty strange. Your phone should be able to handle med. voltage @900mhz. Going too low in speed will also make your phone even slower! Ive noticed that gingerbread roms actually require more speed, compared to froyo, to run everything smoothly. Have you tried Chevy's 5/31/11 kernels? Id say try the low voltage @0.9ghz.
http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/kernels-053111/

Edit: If you keep having issues, it may be your phone

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
jzd5032 said:
Edit: If you keep having issues, it may be your phone
I'm worried the phone might be the issue. I might have to bite the bullet and pay the deductible on the insurance. I have tried several Chevy kernels off of Rom Manager. I'm assuming they are the latest. I've tried the low voltage @ 0.9 ghz. Going to switch to the Medium voltage at 0.9 ghz for a while and try that. I should note that I tried Pete's GPA16 beta 2.43 and the latest Cyanogenmod nightlies and have problems with all of them, and its the same problem. Since they are all different kernels, I think its the phone.

·
Average Android
122 Posts
you should try to get a replacement without paying your deductible. Before you go to verizon, unroot it and put it back to stock froyo. you can try going to verizon and claim it keeps rebooting and/or freezing. Something that they may not be able to diagnose right away, but can't rule it out either. They may exchange it for you without a fee. Its worked for me twice already! All depends on who you get. If one store says they cant replace it for free, try another...its worth a shot. If both attempts fail, pay your deductible. Worth a shot in my opinion

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
jzd5032 said:
you should try to get a replacement without paying your deductible. Before you go to verizon, unroot it and put it back to stock froyo. you can try going to verizon and claim it keeps rebooting and/or freezing. Something that they may not be able to diagnose right away, but can't rule it out either. They may exchange it for you without a fee. Its worked for me twice already! All depends on who you get. If one store says they cant replace it for free, try another...its worth a shot. If both attempts fail, pay your deductible. Worth a shot in my opinion
Well, its out of warranty since I bought it in November 2009. But, your right, its worth a shot.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
Liquid 2.1 is by far the best Rom I've ever used. Excellent work sir. Having said that, the one bug I'm having is with the physical keyboard. When you type certain letters, e, b, etc...sometimes those letters launch Email or Browser respectively. I've noticed this issue on many Gingerbread roms, so its not exclusively a problem with Liquid GB. And its an intermittent bug to boot. Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out in future releases?

·
Average Android
122 Posts
nka said:
Yeah, its like the physical keyboard thinks the menu button is being pressed when it isn't. Also, I've duplicated the bug on 2 different Droid1's. Thanks.
Sounds like the quick launch feature is being activated when they aren't supposed to. If you go under applications and quick launch, you can see those apps you mentioned set to launch upon pressing specific buttons. Not sure why it does it all the time. I never use my physical keyboard.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Liquid, my OG Droid has been loving your ROMS since the early LFY builds. I noticed that on your own website the most current download is LGB 1.92. Any chance you can update that? I also noticed that the CorCor kernels work best on my old baby. Can you provide links to those as well as Chevy's?

I still have had one bug since 1.92. The stock browser hangs after just seconds of use and reboots the phone. It's even worse if it still has a graphic heavy website already in the memory. I'm using the CorCor 1100 LV #15 kernel with LGB 2.1. The 3G and wi-fi seem to slow down until I reboot or manually turn off the radios and restart them. I noticed that wired tether will work for about 20-30 minutes and fizzle until I stop and restart it. This leads me to believe the problem may not be the browser but rather the radio but then again, I'm no dev. I just like to tinker with stuff. If you need a log or file to help out, let me know what you need and how to get it and I'll be happy to get it to you. I'd rather help out than be a whiner.

EDIT: In the spirit of helping out, here's the link to the CorCor kernels if anyone is interested.
http://corcor67.blogspot.com/2011/05/elite-series-kernels-d1.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
When thos happens and you try to move app at least twice (every android device I ever owned did this a lil bit no matter if stock, rooted modded not rooted custom rom etc) then peek at your storage and see if your sd card is mounted. Have had an issue or two with that on this phone with a few different roms. Liquid smooth is the shizzle. I'm oc to 1000 at standard voltage but about to try 1100 at med voltage from chevyno1. Had thos phone for almost a month cuz I mod phones to death for fun and I got a bit too excited! If its not mounted then just reboot your phone. That should get you going.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk 2

21 - 36 of 36 Posts