Android OS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Im running the Team Syence AOKP AIO Rom and I'm using the Jellyblue_x theme. I applied one of the lockrings no problem but the only way it shows up is if I use the Stock theme. I have the Sprint CDMA Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean 4.1.2

Is there anyway I can use the new lock ring with the Jellybelly_x theme, if so how do I go about doing it? I have tried googling my issue but have come out with nothing.
Themes are still tricky for me. I haven't spent enough time with them yet to figure out how they replace images, they seem to point to different storage locations. I tried replacing the lockring image in a theme I was running using 7ZIP without any luck. Maybe a full decompile/recompile of the theme's APK was needed. But I haven't had time lately to figure it out so I just removed the theme.

Sorry, wish I had a good answer for you. If you know how to decompile/recompile (with a guide it's not hard and there are toolkits for download to do this) and know where to replace the images, I'd say give it a shot and let us know how it goes. This would be my next step to try and get a different image in place.

(*edited to contain proper program name, oopse*)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed the Krush theme last night then flashed the punisher Luckenbach and is working just fine. I guess it depends on the theme.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
37 Posts
*lock screen. Wth is Luckenbach lol. Anyway thanks for the reply and I'll try the notepad thing, seems like it'll be educational.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
*lock screen. Wth is Luckenbach lol. Anyway thanks for the reply and I'll try the notepad thing, seems like it'll be educational.

I'm sorry, I misspoke above!!!
I use 7zip to replace images inside .apk files. Notepad++ is for editing .xml files, such as scripts for flashing mods.

And again replacing the images with 7zip on the UberJelly theme did not work for me (probably because it already had a custom set lockring image). I believe that one needs to be decompiled for replacing things.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
can i make a request?
a jellybean nexus logo inside the blue circle or atleast the all blue one that is posted in the OP?

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
can i make a request?
a jellybean nexus logo inside the blue circle or atleast the all blue one that is posted in the OP?
Just saw your request, I checked and the blue X links still work (follow the link in the OP to faithcry's website: http://faithcry.believable.org , to download). Did it not work for you?

I can make a blue-X/ blue-Ring one for you tomorrow.

GNex / Tapatalk2

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
Just saw your request, I checked and the blue X links still work (follow the link in the OP to faithcry's website: http://faithcry.believable.org , to download). Did it not work for you?

I can make a blue-X/ blue-Ring one for you tomorrow.

GNex / Tapatalk2
ok thanks. yea if u can make the blue x inside a blue ring would be great.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
ok thanks. yea if u can make the blue x inside a blue ring would be great.
OK, Nexus "JB" cut style logo in blue. #1 is more on the BLUE side; while #2 is closely color matched to the blue used in the notification bar and by other apps. (The image below is with #2) Both have a slight drop shadow for pop that is only visible when using a medium to light background image. Hope these work for you! :)

lockscreen_Nexus-JB-Blue-Ring1.zip (blue)

lockscreen_Nexus-JB-Blue-Ring2.zip (ICS notification blue-green)

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
thanks man, worked like a charm!
its bigger then normal but i like something different from time to time.
if u have any extra time, could u do this..............

Attachments

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
I can make it smaller for you. Sorry, after I found out you could make the images bigger I started doing that [on all] to allow for better viewing on the more detailed images. :)

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
no actually i like the bigger image..
is there any way u could make the image in the prevous post? i dont have a laptop or pc to use photoshop.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
no actually i like the bigger image..
is there any way u could make the image in the prevous post? i dont have a laptop or pc to use photoshop.
NP, here you go... had to make this one a "button". Couldn't drop the background without taking time to redo the whole thing because of the glow over the X. If you'd prefer an open logo like the blue ones, I can do that later on. Also made this one a little smaller...

Nexus-JB-Colors-Button1.zip

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
yea if u wouldnt mind, could u do the open logo like the blue one's inside the ics blue circle?
the black button clash's with my background...waiting is no problem. im still rockin the blue logo u made.
thanks pimpin

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Thank you Sir!!!!
is there any trouble to make it inside the ics blue circle?
Sure, I can hook that up for you. I was at a loss about the circle... with or without. Started thinking a medium to dark gray ring would look good with the bright colors. I can copy in the ICS ring no problem.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
total SWEETNESS bro!

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
i feel like a fat chick at cinnabon!!
thanks pimpin

it would be cool if there was some way the nexus icon had the glow animation like when u boot up a gnex..or instead of icon images, there was an animation.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
i feel like a fat chick at cinnabon!!
thanks pimpin

it would be cool if there was some way the nexus icon had the glow animation like when u boot up a gnex..or instead of icon images, there was an animation.
Hahaa!

Yeah, I agree with you there. I wish there was native support for animated [A]PNG files... or even animated gifs. Not yet at least

Are you using an animated gif for your wallpaper?

241 - 260 of 295 Posts