Android OS Forum banner
261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
No. I do have a slide show as a wallpaper from an app called just pictures.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
Funny.. it won't work on sprint gnex..code name Android.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
These work on any ROMs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
They should work on any AOSP based ICS or JB Rom that uses the stock lockscreen setup. Roms like BuglessBeast, Shiny, AOKP, CM, and ParanoidAndroid, etc... all work fine.

Only time they won't work is if your Rom includes a modified lockscreen (not meaning targets) or if you have a Theme applied to your Rom that sets a different location for the images. If this is the case, you will not see a difference when applying the mod. It will not change or bork anything.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
Hahaa!

Yeah, I agree with you there. I wish there was native support for animated [A]PNG files... or even animated gifs. Not yet at least

Are you using an animated gif for your wallpaper?
hey in ur signature abt dropbox, can we get free space added just by referring someone? i only have 2.5gb

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
hey in ur signature abt dropbox, can we get free space added just by referring someone? i only have 2.5gb
Yes you can, it's great. I believe the referred individual has to complete a install of the DB cloud sync for you to get full credit. Also if you log-on your DB account with a computer (or mobile web / force desktop mode) there is a link at the top next to your user name "Get free space". This link lists multiple ways to gain more storage, and created your link code/url.

Looks like with a free account you can gain up to 10Gb by the above methods.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
Yes you can, it's great. I believe the referred individual has to complete a install of the DB cloud sync for you to get full credit. Also if you log-on your DB account with a computer (or mobile web / force desktop mode) there is a link at the top next to your user name "Get free space". This link lists multiple ways to gain more storage, and created your link code/url.

Looks like with a free account you can gain up to 10Gb by the above methods.
ok it says enter email address..do i enter urs or mine?

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
ok it says enter email address..do i enter urs or mine?
If you were creating a new DropBox account and wanted to "give me credit" you would click the link in my Sig [that I created from the previously mentioned page] and go thru setting up your own account (you name, email, and whatever password you want to use).

If you are making your own link, follow the instrustions from "get free space" and click the "Invite Friends" button and follow the instructions.

If you have any other questions about this I will gladly help out any way I can. Just send me a PM to keep the thread on topic. :)

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
It keeps telling me installation aborted. GS3 running the latest version of AOKP.

Other than that, it looks good!
Well, that sucks... sorry. I tested and it worked fine on my GNex (both on stock 320 and 240 density).
I assume you mean AOKP JB-MR1 build2? What carrier/version are you running? Are you running any custom screen density or theme? And are you using Metamorph or ZipThemer? I'll try and debug for you if I can.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Are you taking requests? Would love an Atlanta Braves one if so.

Sure! If you have an image in mind just post a link... Otherwise will any ole Brave image/logo do?

GNex / Tt.HD

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Not terribly picky. Pulled this out of the uccw clock I have. If it works great, otherwise whatever you think looks good. Thanks man!

http://db.tt/6KTjwWCe

Sorry it took so long! I used the image you provided which was only 170x170. Looks like it was origionaly made by truthserum607 on photobucket.
If it comes out looking too small for you let me know and I will try and upscale it the best I can or just attempt to remake it. :)

(edit: images are centered now)
lockscreen_Atl-Braves1.zip

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Sorry it took so long! I used the image you provided which was only 170x170. Looks like it was origionaly made by truthserum607 on photobucket.
If it comes out looking too small for you let me know and I will try and upscale it the best I can or just attempt to remake it. :)

lockscreen_Atl-Braves1.zip
Looks good man thanks. It appears to be slightly off-center (not bad) - is that due to the rom or is it something that can be adjusted in the image?

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Looks good man thanks. It appears to be slightly off-center (not bad) - is that due to the rom or is it something that can be adjusted in the image?
Hmm interesting. Just flashed and I see what you mean, it definitely is not centered on my GNex. Looking at the image it is only a hair off to the right, nothing close to the result we see on the lockscreen though.

edit: Ah, I know what happened... since I didn't resize the image it is right-justifying it to the allowed opening. I will resize the transparent background to be the proper width to make it centered. Sorry about that! I'll post a new zip for you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Hmm interesting. Just flashed and I see what you mean, it definitely is not centered on my GNex. Looking at the image it is only a hair off to the right, nothing close to the result we see on the lockscreen though.
Ok well at least it's not just me :)

261 - 280 of 295 Posts