Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am looking for a stable ROM for my wive's Droid Inc. AOSP or Sense it does not matter. I am looking for something that is reliable.

Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
I have been thrilled with NilsP Business GingerSense 3.0.
I too am new with the Inc and tried a couple other AOSP ROMs, but GingerSense is really nice, durable, and most importantly stable.
Give it a whirl.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
The poster above me had a good suggestion. However, I'd like to add Cyanogenmod 7 (CM7) to the pool as well. Ran it on my Incredible when I had that phone, and it was awesome.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
This is just my opinion:
Skyraider is super simple, straight forward and really stable.
CM7 and OMFGB are good options too if you like AOSP. Of course they are a bit "nerdy" for the average user and lack some of that flare some people like to see (I enjoy both of them).
I am currently running Business Gingersense 2.2 because I wanted to try a sense 3.0 ROM. I can say from my experience that this was the toughest to get the way I wanted it. The ROM is so big that you find yourself moving many of your apps to the sd card to free up space for new ones. I spent hours with this getting it right but I think I really like it. I will run it for a few days until I get the real feel.

Answer, it's a personal choice depending on what you are looking for.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Great Offender said:
This is just my opinion:
Skyraider is super simple, straight forward and really stable.
CM7 and OMFGB are good options too if you like AOSP. Of course they are a bit "nerdy" for the average user and lack some of that flare some people like to see (I enjoy both of them).
I am currently running Business Gingersense 2.2 because I wanted to try a sense 3.0 ROM. I can say from my experience that this was the toughest to get the way I wanted it. The ROM is so big that you find yourself moving many of your apps to the sd card to free up space for new ones. I spent hours with this getting it right but I think I really like it. I will run it for a few days until I get the real feel.

Answer, it's a personal choice depending on what you are looking for.
I would like to hear your final impression of that Rom after you have had some time to digest it.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
I just installed miui on my wife's phone. It was a hassle with the initial setup since all the apps are on screens. But once we separated all the apps in folders let my wife go through the available themes. She loves it. It is fast and smooth.plus very customizable

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
I have tried a large number of roms, and IMHO, if you want an AOSP rom, go with CM7. If you want a Sense rom, go with SkyRaider.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
I recently switched my girlfriend from CM7 to MIUI and she loves it. She likes the simplicity of having all of her apps organized in folders on her homescreens and really loves the customizable themes and lockscreens. I highly recommend giving it a shot, although I prefer CM for myself.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
"Android_Lee said:
I have tried a large number of roms, and IMHO, if you want an AOSP rom, go with CM7. If you want a Sense rom, go with SkyRaider.
+1 on that. Those two ROMs are the best, most stable, highest quality. I personally prefer Sense. Only drawback to SkyRaider is that 4.3 is running Froyo. The dev, ihtfp69, is working on a Gingerbread based v5, but that could be months away.

There are a variety of interesting GB ROMs in development right now. I think you'll see a really nice stable selection in about a month. I'm really enjoying Insensitive-Minimalist right now.

For speed and stability, SkyRaider is the best, IMHO.

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
I have used CM7 as my AOSP rom an is my favorite as far as those roms go. But havent tried OMFGB on the incredible as yet. CM7 is reliable and stable.

On sense roms Skyraider has the most stock feel to it with bloatware removed and worked great but lately have tried the Nils Buisness GingerSense3.0v 2.2 and been liking it more and more as my go to sense. Rom. It may take a little longer to get it setup to your preference then Skyraider tho.Both are reliable and stable

sent using TaPaTaLk

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
+1 on SkyRaider. It's a great ROM. With GB now officially out, though, I've been running Insensitive-Minimalist 2.2 as my daily. It is quite fast and stable.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I have had a week to "digest" Nils GingerSense 3.0 v2.2 and...

It's really nice and functions well. I find that it gets laggy occasionally but I can usually straighten this out (shouldn't have to though). Gonna stick it out for awhile while they work on the Desire based Roms. I will go back to my original post and agree with everyone on SkyRaider, CM7, and OMFGB. All great Roms but AOSP has camera and video problems (face it, the camera just sucks) and this is the only reason I am currently staying away from them.. I use my phone to take photos often. This will get worked out when HTC releases the source As for MIUI, it has the same camera/video issues. Nothing personal but I just hate that Rom. Reminds me too much of my old iphone. I got an Android because I wanted an Android. I'm not wasting my time try to pose it as something it's not!

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
Yeah I wasnt crazy about MIUI either ,,although you can use LPP and loose the iphone look .
To be honest I haven't tried MIUI on my incredible ,,but have on the dx and after the 7/22 update for dx,, well it was buggier and has steered me away from trying MIUI on the incredible.
When I am on AOSP Roms tho I do use the MIUI camera app tho,I prefer it over the stock AOSP camera

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I had my wife on a rooted stock sense until she ran into space bug when too many SMS messages were kept. Since then (over a month) I've had her on the latest cm7 avaliable from rom manage. She hasn't had any issues since. Only complate she has expressed was the calendar widget. I put jorte on there and now its simply a matter of training. If for some reason she has a major issue with cm7 I can't figure out I plan on moving her to a root ota gb sense rom .

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
I want to throw in Magnolia. It's not Gingerbread but if you don't mind that then it's a really good one. Stable and has all bloat removed and has the ability to turn off a bunch of other stuff too. It's been the first rom I'm on that I haven't felt the need to flash anything new.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Honestly, she would find sense more appealing than AOSP. I would suggest using a Bliss 3.5 Rom because it was designed to appeal to women. Personally, I love the stock sense 3.5, but still, wait for it to become stabler. If u really want a fast and stable Rom, use a sense 1.0 ota, 2.0 or 2.1 Rom since those are stable and nice looking. If you want AOSP, try cm7 but that's the only AOSP Rom I have used, so don't take my word on it. But I use sense Roms for the most part, so take my word on those.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
There is nothing as up to date or as feature rich as MIUI for the Incredible. I have it running on a gaggle of phones after trying just about every ROM I could find. MIUI has beta updates every Friday, with stable releases monthly. Some people seem to have an issue with all of the icons on the home screen and no app drawer, but that is solves as easily as installing Launcher Pro, or any other launcher replacement.

The large database of themes viewable from the phone, and the ease with which they are applied make it many peoples favorite, and stability is better on the Dinc than most other ROMs.

·
The Source
410 Posts
NilsP had already made a 2nd release to his business gingersense 3.5 and it's pretty smooth as far as sense 3.5 goes. Cyanogenmod 7 released 7.1 early yesterday a.m. and it is super smooth.

·
The Source
410 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts