Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing an android tablet in the near future. I'm not looking for something top of the line like the 10.1 (not currently in my budget). I'm looking for a tablet that has been rooted and gingerbread roms available so that I can watch netfix at work on a screen larger than that ont the T-bolt. 3g/ 4G not really a must as I can keep my phone on charge and tether to it.
I am almost considering just going for a nook color but have not really looked into rom availability and netfix support.

Any input that you can provide to get me to a recent tablet for my basic needs would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from Das Bamf 2.0-5 Thunderbolt

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
Asus transformer is less expensive, bit its still fairly high end. I would suggest viewsonic GTab. i believe it has CM7 support, and it runs arround 300 dollars

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
go with the nook color. It is a really great deal for what it is. Put CM7 on it and you wont be sorry. I can tell you from owning both a Xoom and a Nook, you can't beat it for $250

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trying not to exceed the $300 pricepoint. I just need something to leave in my tool box at work. 7"+ screen and the ability to play netflix via an app, not some crazy pc media center bs.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
crash1781 said:
Trying not to exceed the $300 pricepoint. I just need something to leave in my tool box at work. 7"+ screen and the ability to play netflix via an app, not some crazy pc media center bs.

well if you have to leave it in a tool box I would recommend the nook since you can get an otterbox defender case for it, and then it might have a chance of holding up on a job site.

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciated the input guys. I guess the nook color may be the right route to go.

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Droid-Xer said:
Brand new they're about $230 I believe.
cool, I have not really looked around yet. Think I may just drop a few subtle hints considering my B-day and Father's Day are coming up soon. (i.e. Get me a damn Nook Color!!!!)

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Droid-Xer said:
Subtle hints turned to bawling like a baby!
How do you think I got the T-bolt as soon as Best Buy Mobile opened on release day!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Droid-Xer said:
I hear that. The xoom was my bday present to myself from my wife. Subtle hints turned to bawling like a baby!
I took the other route. I knew I wanted a xoom, so when apple announced the fondleslab2 my wife decided she had to have one. So I was driving back home on the day it was released and I came across a best buy with 5 people in line 15 minutes before they went on sale, so I went in and got her one. Then she had nothing to complain about when I showed up with a wifi xoom one day.

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got my nook color a little while ago. working on loading CM7. hope it works lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts