Android OS Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Average Android
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok CM7 up and running. BUT i do not have a market... any help is appreciated. I installed using this method

·
Average Android
93 Posts
It has been a petty unproductive day at work. Now need to dig thru a million forums to figure out if there is a volume fix. Sound is bearly even noticeable.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
74 Posts
I would go with a 7 Inch Gtab. If you get a GSM version then CM7 is available for it. Khasmek is working on a CDMA version for it as well. It will be dropping soon. He is currently dealing with some family issues and has a lack of internet but has assured us that it is on its way. I own a VZW edition and it is easily rooted and an awesome device. I am sure you could pick one up for less than 300. The only thing i can stress is SCREEN PROTECTOR. I didnt put one on mine and ended up with a rather large scratch on the display. You can only really tell when its off but still bugs me a little.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Nook Color is good choice. There are several Android tablets available from mp4nation. However, if one needs purely for custom roms only then should go there. I am saving up for GTab 10.1. SuperCurio is currently singing hymns about it on Twitter.

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
I have personally had the Acer Iconia and an iPad (original and I got it as an xmas gift as I wanted to wait and get an android tablet with T2 and there were rumors) and now I have an Asus Transformer.
This tablet by FAR is the best one out there for the $ I've seen. It has Honeycomb (already been updated to 3.1 too), decent cameras (the FFC doesn't really look pixelated on in previews or photos imo but you can definitely tell its lower quality which is to be expected on a FFC), is really the smoothest HC experience I've seen (I've played with xoom's before but no galaxy tab 10.1 yet), and if you want it you can get the keyboard dock that doubles the battery life & adds productivity value to the tablet. I personally can't vouch for the KB dock but I have read good and bad things about it and I have to say its definitely on my "to be bought" list.
Hope this helps and happy shopping! Don't forget to get on YouTube and look up some reviews btw, they can really do nothing but help you choose!

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
I bought the Acer A500. I think it has the best bang for the buck. Full USB Support, HDMI, Tegra 2, No Bloat, Battery Lasts a good 8 to 9 hours of use, My only complaint is the lack of accessories for it. Ive been trying to find a good Portfolio cover for it. But yea Best Buy 449 bucks, Great deal especially when you line it up against the Xoom. The Xoom is way pricey when you get the same exact thing with the Acer + a Full USB Port with out having a docking station or Dongle.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
So far I am loving the Transformer. My only beef is the battery drains quickly while in standby.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts