Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently got the galaxy nexus and have seen how the development for it has really taken off. Seeing this has made me interested in themeing. I have recently started making some soft key mods but i have fun into the occasional problem or process that i feel has to be more efficient in some way(i just don't know that way cause im new). So basically what i am looking for is a themer who wouldn't mind helping a noob with the occasional problem or giving me some guide lines/suggestions on the way i do stuff.

Please let me know asap i would be highly appreciative to anyone who is willing to me my "mentor". Thank you!

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
What are you running into? I think you'd want to post your issues / problems, and as specific as you can so that the community can help. You have that "one" mentor, the community.

Everyone has run into various issues so one person may not be able to answer all your questions, so what issues are you having?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This post is horribly un-specific lol. Please post problems...
sorry i guess i am just looking for someone to go to for problems such as i am trying to mod the circular battery on the galaxy nexus aokp rom but like every other file i have tried to mod it automatically opens as gray scale in gimp and Photoshop which you have to change them to RGB... this wouldn't be bad if i was modding something that was only a couple pics but this is like 300 photos. So i am looking for fix to this whether it be a new photo editor (open to ideas) or maybe a program to convert them or a way on gimp or Photoshop to default open them as RGB. so i am looking for a go to person i can pm or gchat or whatever who wouldn't mind helping me with the occasional question like this.

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
sorry i guess i am just looking for someone to go to for problems such as i am trying to mod the circular battery on the galaxy nexus aokp rom but like every other file i have tried to mod it automatically opens as gray scale in gimp and Photoshop which you have to change them to RGB... this wouldn't be bad if i was modding something that was only a couple pics but this is like 300 photos. So i am looking for fix to this whether it be a new photo editor (open to ideas) or maybe a program to convert them or a way on gimp or Photoshop to default open them as RGB. so i am looking for a go to person i can pm or gchat or whatever who wouldn't mind helping me with the occasional question like this.
You mean index. Not gray scale.

I convert them to rgb in Gimp then open them to mod in Photoshop. Very tedious.

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean index. Not gray scale.

I convert them to rgb in Gimp then open them to mod in Photoshop. Very tedious.
you know you can convert them in photoshop right?

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
In addition if u r using gimp u have to select the area u want to edit and then colorize it..u can't paint or color fill with the circle mod cause of the way the icons are made.. just a heads up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
you know you can convert them in photoshop right?
No you can't. Photoshop does not handle index transparency correctly. If you want the image to look correct you must use gimp or another apo that handles index transparency correctly.

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In addition if u r using gimp u have to select the area u want to edit and then colorize it..u can't paint or color fill with the circle mod cause of the way the icons are made.. just a heads up

Oh i didnt know that so how do u go about theming a battery icon?

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No you can't. Photoshop does not handle index transparency correctly. If you want the image to look correct you must use gimp or another apo that handles index transparency correctly.
Oh ya i just tried it i am sorry

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts

curious what you mean by this? I don't edit in gimp so I'm not familiar. I use it strictly to convert index images to rgb.

Edit: nm I think I know what you mean. Read it wrong I believe. But this would apply to any image editing.

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
curious what you mean by this? I don't edit in gimp so I'm not familiar. I use it strictly to convert index images to rgb.

Edit: nm I think I know what you mean. Read it wrong I believe. But this would apply to any image editing.
so do u mean u cant just grab an icon use a paint bucket to fill it then put it in a .zip file and flash it? i have created a soft key mod this way but the color didnt work on the change to the icon ( i made a part of it bigger)

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
In gimp when u use color picker or paint when u select the blue area of the circle mod battery even with the threshold set at 0 it will select more pixels than the blue parts so if u try to paint.. it looks terrible.. when u choose the colorize option it will only change the colored area not the entire area u choose with color picker tool.. hope this helps

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In gimp when u use color picker or paint when u select the blue area of the circle mod battery even with the threshold set at 0 it will select more pixels than the blue parts so if u try to paint.. it looks terrible.. when u choose the colorize option it will only change the colored area not the entire area u choose with color picker tool.. hope this helps

so you are saying that it wont look good if i use the paint bucket to edit it? sorry i am pretty new to themeing

·
Android Themer
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
someone there to answer my question? Please:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts