Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a decent sense 2.1,3.0, or 3.5 ROM that had decent battery life with close to no lag. A non-rotated camera for video chat would be nice too!

Here is my current set up:
Bamf 2.4.2 Side Project (sense 2.1) w/ Stock VM fix
Imo 5.0.1 Kernel o/c to 1.2Ghz, Smartass V2 Governor

Any Ideas, and tips will help, I dont want an extended battery either, lol.
Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!

· Android Beginner
65 Posts
I was getting about 16-18hrs normal use with liquid 3.2. I got a rezound battery yesterday and am calibrating right now. Unplugged last night while sleeping cause it was at 100 percent. Woke up and had 7 hrs and 98%...IMO 5.1 kernel on normal mode...interactivex gov.

Still waiting to pass much judgement but on the stock when I did that it went down yo around 85-90 percent.

· Android Enthusiast
70 Posts
I recommend you check out BAMF Forever 1.10. The battery life is on par with most other ROMs, depending on the Kernel the lag is minimal, & Gtalk video works properly. I recommend Ziggy's 11/5 Kernel UV/OC to 1.3Ghz using the LagFree governor, I found this to be extremely stable and snappy and provides decent battery life. I also recommend that if battery life is important to you that you look at purchasing JuiceDefender Ultimate, its $4.99 on the market and it was the best investment I have made to save battery life! using the advanced configuration, I've doubled my battery life with out changing my usage habits. Regardless of which ROM you choose to try JuiceDefender it will make a significant difference, it allows you to conifigure when your apps are allowed to be awake consuming CPU and data usage. It also makes WIFI smarter by making it location aware, after using it for about a week it'll learn where you have wifi normally and will auto enable and disable when you are out of range of access point. I can't say enough about this app.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was on 1.1 but he did update it to 1.3 and I'm giving that one a go so can't really say much about the newest one yet.
I just flashed 1.3 last night. About to calibrate battery. I dont feel I have to overclock.. which is the first time that's ever happened..

Aosp roms not really my thing, I like the SRS feature in the music app way too much.

· Android Apprentice
35 Posts
dillanshives said:
I just flashed 1.3 last night. About to calibrate battery. I dont feel I have to overclock.. which is the first time that's ever happened..

Aosp roms not really my thing, I like the SRS feature in the music app way too much.
I like the polished feel of sense roms, and with skyraider u get the smooth snapiness of AOSP IMO. I'm also trying Ziggys newest kernel. Good luck to you.

· Android Apprentice
31 Posts
I've tried a lot of roms and the best thing I've done for battery life is to set wifi to never sleep. I get terrible wireless reception at my house so the wifi helps. It's under wireless wifi then advanced

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

· Android Fan
87 Posts
Check out Shifts3ns3 V2.0.1. Very smooth and my battery life has been great. Also look into a Rezound battery, as they are currently $20 and have a legitimate 15% increase in mAh (1650 vs 1400).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.