Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Developer
161 Posts
A while ago TreyM started development on MIUI4DX. Unfortunately he does not own a Droid X. And due to personal reasons he may not be returning to the scene for some time. If he was here I would ask to take over development, but because of the circumstances I've decided to head development. (If anyone has an issue with this please contact me.)

I'd use the other thread created by TreyM for this, but I feel due to this being very unstable and being in a place where there are other device developers, I may be able to get some more input. Also this is an older build of MIUI, I'd like to get this ported before an update to the latest. If you think we should start with the latest let me know.

Below is TreyMs test No. 1. if you have any interest in it. My test No. 2 should be fairly improved.

miuiandroid_DroidX-1.6.10_pre-alpha-1.zip

I have also included my test No. 2 based off of TreyMs work. I have taken the libs from CM4DX and included them in this test. This zip also has and updater-script problem. It doesn't seem to be installing anything... Ive tried many different methods of getting this script to work but Im having no luck. Please download this and let me know if you have a solution.

miuiandroid_DroidX-1.6.10_pre-alpha-2.zip

Please don't post this around other forums. I don't care who you give it to, if you want someone to test for you. But unstable as it is I don't want a thread of people trying to SBF instead of furthering development.

Follow me on Twitter @ghostlypickel

Sent from my Microwave

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Sense is closed source. Touch Wiz is closed source. Blur *cough* is closed source. (admittedly, Blur infuriates many... but not bc it's closed source)

Windows is closed source. OSX is closed source. Almost any video game you play is closed source. The MAJORITY of things coded are closed source.

I'm sorry linux is the VAST minority. I love Linux, (typing from Ubuntu now) but closed source doesn't upset me. Honestly, if I had made so many Android mods like the MIUI devs have, I would close it up too. Too many people kang without asking, and it sucks.

Besides, I've made some pretty impressive smali hacks to MIUI. Closed source and all. Pbbft! Who needs source! :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts