Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for his most current kernel that will work on bamf 4.9
The one that came on gingeritis beta vIII works awesome

·
Android Lover
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixxxer2012 said:
learn to extract it from the rom using the android kitchen and use the any kernel to flash.
I'm new to this especially using kitchen

·
Developer
573 Posts
Using Ziggy kernels may give you enjoyment, but realize its giving the Android and Linux community as a whole a big FU. GPL compliance is something he doesn't care about. Good thing most people don't feel that way, else we would have no open source, anywhere.

·
Android Lover
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adrynalyne said:
Using Ziggy kernels may give you enjoyment, but realize its giving the Android and Linux community as a whole a big FU. GPL compliance is something he doesn't care about. Good thing most people don't feel that way, else we would have no open source, anywhere.
Ahh didn't know that I'm just looking for a current kernel that would work great on 4.9
And since I'm new to the game just need a helping hand and sent you a pm

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Adrynalyne said:
100% agree ziggy needs to post his kernel and be in compliance. im not sure how synergy gets away with using it.

·
Android Lover
582 Posts
Old ones are on his site. You can find it through Google. As far as I know he doesn't share his new ones. Maybe on irc or something I don't know.

·
Android Master Jedi
377 Posts
Morkai Almandragon said:
His kernel is posted where anyone can get to it, has been for ages...
It's not the flashable kernel he has to make public for compliance. He has to post the source code (in a buildable form) with any changes he made to the linux kernel. No different than htc, MOTOROLA, Google, or anyone else distributing linux kernels!

A simple link to a public github would work. Like the link in Adrynalyne's signature.

Think of it this way. If companies like htc and samsung acted as ziggy471 does, we certainly wouldn't have custom kernels to use, because we wouldn't have the source to do so.

I personally refuse to use any rom that includes his kernels until he publishes source. I would recommend we all do the same!

If anyone has a link to ziggy's source, by all means, post it here! I would love for someone to prove me wrong, I'm pretty certain nobody can though ;-)

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
sgtguthrie said:
It's not the flashable kernel he has to make public for compliance. He has to post the source code (in a buildable form) with any changes he made to the linux kernel. No different than htc, MOTOROLA, Google, or anyone else distributing linux kernels!

A simple link to a public github would work. Like the link in Adrynalyne's signature.

Think of it this way. If companies like htc and samsung acted as ziggy471 does, we certainly wouldn't have custom kernels to use, because we wouldn't have the source to do so.

I personally refuse to use any rom that includes his kernels until he publishes source. I would recommend we all do the same!

If anyone has a link to ziggy's source, by all means, post it here! I would love for someone to prove me wrong, I'm pretty certain nobody can though ;-)

Im gonna talk to ziggy tonight and see where his source is hiding. He has been programming since the 80's, so i know he is not publishing his source for a reason.

·
Android Master Jedi
377 Posts
jdkoreclipse said:
Im gonna talk to ziggy tonight and see where his source is hiding. He has been programming since the 80's, so i know he is not publishing his source for a reason.
Thanks, I would like to use his stuff because everyone talks about how great it is, but just can't out of principal. I would love to hear a reason. It would be more simple for him than getting every link to his kernels pulled from all the forums... At least I would think?

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
sgtguthrie said:
Thanks, I would like to use his stuff because everyone talks about how great it is, but just can't out of principal. I would love to hear a reason. It would be more simple for him than getting every link to his kernels pulled from all the forums... At least I would think?

Ziggy has a method to his madness, although i cannot figure it out as a kernel dev myself.

Ziggy is the reason i got into kernels, so im kinda surprised that he isnt keeping up his source, although im sure he has a reason for it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts