Android OS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I just shoot lasers here
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
thinking of getting a 10.1" LTE Tab, anyone buy it in the past few days and having any issues with it, or feedback about it? List any issues you have about it.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
However, I suspect you don't much care about that... Hee hee!

I do like the form factor and performance on mine, I'm wrestling a bit with VZW over getting either SMS working OR the new ROM that has the Samsung AES API's built in so that the devices can be managed from an enterprise perspective.

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
I've had a wifi one for about a month or so (using it now). I love it, no issues at all. I decided to pay for wifi tethering on my thunderbolt rather than buy a 4G tab...

I've rooted and ROMed every other android device I've had...but I haven't really found a reason yet to do so with my tab. The touchwiz update was actually an improvement...which I was not expecting.

·
Android Enthusiast
33 Posts
I've had my LTE tab for about a week now and everything is working great. The only issue I ran into was when I stupidly tried to flash CWM onto it via ROM Manager. Don't do that, the recovery in ROM Manager is for the wifi only version. I thought I bricked it for about four hours the second day I had it. There are instructions in the tab's LTE developers foum now for flashing a custom recovery.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"PaintDrinkingPete said:
I've had a wifi one for about a month or so (using it now). I love it, no issues at all. I decided to pay for wifi tethering on my thunderbolt rather than buy a 4G tab...

I've rooted and ROMed every other android device I've had...but I haven't really found a reason yet to do so with my tab. The touchwiz update was actually an improvement...which I was not expecting.
This is exactly the same boat I'm in. The tether plan costs the same, you get more data and it is useful for other things. Add the additional price for the lte version and the contract and it just makes sense.

I've also rooted every android phone i've had and left my galaxy tab stock and not rooted. Haven't found a compelling reason to do it. It's smooth as something really smooth.

·
Android Human
141 Posts
I went for the 4G tab rather than wifi and tethering for one main reason. When you tether with your 4G phone (I have the Droid Charge) to your tab you are now killing 2 batteries instead of just one. I like to have at least one device running if one of them dies and this was a good way to do that.

But the tab is great, as long as you dont get newtons rights, which I have right now. But im happy to say that if you take it to verizon they will awcknowlege the problem, and samsung will send you a brand new tab with the stronger glass, then you just send your tab back to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts