Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like if you want to keep root you can hold out, but if you want to solve some problems you have to update. I hope the devs can break this new build fast. I love root access and its abilities.

·
Android Tinkerer
35 Posts
What update are you talking about?
I can't even check for updates on my Bionic...
It fails when checking!
I gladly give up Root for a week or so to fix the network dropping all the time on my line!
The DEVs had fixed the network issue on the Gingerbread build for the OG Droid a week after GB dropped!
Why the hell couldn't Motorola have fixed it before releasing the build for this phone???

·
Android Apprentice
278 Posts
The update is eminent. Not out now. I am pretty sure p3 is working on it as we speak just saw a tweet looking for testers to flash the zip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Tinkerer
35 Posts
Working on the Root for the update, or working on the network error fix?

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Ironically found another bug in the update too. Keyboard popped up on the homescreen

·
Android Tinkerer
35 Posts
So there is an update?
I was told there wouldn't be an update till mid Nov?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
You can preroot any update. He has it prerooted so when you install you'll keep root. Now if you install the official unprerooted version then your stuck without root till an exploit is found

·
Android Tinkerer
35 Posts
Thanks for the clarification! =]

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
papi92 said:
You can preroot any update. He has it prerooted so when you install you'll keep root. Now if you install the official unprerooted version then your stuck without root till an exploit is found
Gotcha, so will the system keep prompting for an update if you flash the prerooted one?

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Guys, please remember this is just a leak. Not an update. Not official by any means. It may, itself, have bugs. If you try it out....be super duper careful as there currently is no way back to stock. Not even via sbf according to P3Droid. I don't know for sure, but in the past, that usually meant there was an update to the bootloader. So you'd have to wait until a newer sbf came out.
Just be careful! !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts