Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...now correct me if I'm wrong...put me back on the right track if I have derailed....but wasn't one of the KEY features of the phone it's camera? I don't like Espresso Sense, I would much rather Sense 2.0 or 3.5, but Espresso Sense has all the features that make out cameras what they are, right?

With that said, does it not DEFEAT our entire purchase to flash anything but Espresso Sense? Can the camera features be ported to another ROM?

I know CM7 is locked a 720p recording while our phones are advertised with 1080p recording. Am I the only one thinking this way?

I also might be the only one using Internet-Pass Through, a Sense only a feature. Lemme know whasup guys, I'm going crazy from the lack of ROMs/variety on this device. I think it's doomed to stay on Espresso if you want to get more than just battery life out of it.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Ok...now correct me if I'm wrong...put me back on the right track if I have derailed....but wasn't one of the KEY features of the phone it's camera? I don't like Espresso Sense, I would much rather Sense 2.0 or 3.5, but Espresso Sense has all the features that make out cameras what they are, right?

With that said, does it not DEFEAT our entire purchase to flash anything but Espresso Sense? Can the camera features be ported to another ROM?

I know CM7 is locked a 720p recording while our phones are advertised with 1080p recording. Am I the only one thinking this way?

I also might be the only one using Internet-Pass Through, a Sense only a feature. Lemme know whasup guys, I'm going crazy from the lack of ROMs/variety on this device. I think it's doomed to stay on Espresso if you want to get more than just battery life out of it.
MY virtuous remix rom has the doubleshot camera in it. And its true sense 3.0. Just FYI.

Sent from my Sensation_ReMiX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
All of Undead's roms keep the sense camera, whether they be advertised as senseless/nonsense or a sense rom (like virtuous).
Well, all except the Vanilla aosp he is/was working on (i believe). But you get the gist -- the camera is awesome, we agree, which is why many on this forum have chosen Undead over CM.

·
Registered
264 Posts
All of Undead's roms keep the sense camera, whether they be advertised as senseless/nonsense or a sense rom (like virtuous).
Well, all except the Vanilla aosp he is/was working on (i believe). But you get the gist -- the camera is awesome, we agree, which is why many on this forum have chosen Undead over CM.
Actually, I chose Undead over CM because they don't even have a functional RC for CM yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The key phrase in there is "advertised as", your not really switching from Sense if you are using a ROM built on Sense framework. No ROM built on Sense framework is TRUELY a ROM other than a Sense 3.0 ROM. It's a Sense ROM with "tweaks", granted some ROMs are more tweaked than others (no discredit to any devs hard work).

A true switch would be to a ROM that runs on its own framework such as an ICS ROM or a Sense 3.5 ROM, THESE are the ROMs that I'm getting at. If we got Bliss Sense or the Sensation XL ROM (two of which I REALLY want to try) we would be forfeiting our camera for other features, no?

Let me know if I made a mistake here, I'm no dev, but I've been in the game since the HTC TyTN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts