Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Security Vulnerabilty -- Check your rom

24K views 322 replies 64 participants last post by  poontab 
#1 ·

Massive Security Vulnerability...

#14 ·
"tekhna said:
The Verizon guy I was talking to was pretty freaked out by this, got it noted on my account. Wasn't sure about replacing, but we'll see. Seems possible if this is a real security risk.
Pretty sure legally they be screwed of they didn't let u exchange it. Even though its HTC that did this Verizon signed off on it and allowed it on their network. I will be calling myself and have them add another note to my account as I just had them add it about the broken VM issue. HTC don't change their tone I'm def never buying another device from them. Prime it is!

Sent from my BAMF Forever 1.06 Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums

#19 ·
"miketoasty said:
You will be allowed to get the charge but not the bionic. Tried a couple days ago and was told absolutely no on the bionic.
Would they let me get a charge, and then buy out of my contract to buy a prime when it comes out?

#21 ·
"cam30era said:
I am running TheRoM V4 (aosp) and it is not affected. I suspect, but an not 100% sure that only Sense ROMs are affected.
Ya, it's only sense. Aosp wouldn't have any of htc's proprietary bloat in it, now would it?

#23 ·
I'm sure HTC will come back and say nobody's data was in any real jeopardy and fixes will be made so Verizon will use that to squash anyone's attempt at squeezing a free phone out of them. Isn't this what big corps do and why we have rugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.