Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have this issue on both rooted .602 and .605 running Shuji 2.2 ROM. Every time I try to pay for an app and download it I get "an error occurred try again" message and cannot purchase or downlaod the app. I have tried everything from reinstall to clearing data, cache, system reset, etc with no luck.

Has anyone had this happen or know a fix? I've also tried unistalling the market, the com.android.vending data folder and then reinstalling from scratch....nothing seems to get me past this error. I even trying the Market Fix found in another thread.

I can download free apps no problem. I've checked my CC info on Google checkout and everything is good to go. I can't figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"zbjones said:
Hello all

I have this issue on both rooted .602 and .605 running Shuji 2.2 ROM. Every time I try to pay for an app and download it I get "an error occurred try again" message and cannot purchase or downlaod the app. I have tried everything from reinstall to clearing data, cache, system reset, etc with no luck.

Has anyone had this happen or know a fix? I've also tried unistalling the market, the com.android.vending data folder and then reinstalling from scratch....nothing seems to get me past this error. I even trying the Market Fix found in another thread.

I can download free apps no problem. I've checked my CC info on Google checkout and everything is good to go. I can't figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated!
I'm having the same issue. What exactly did you do to fix it? Am i going to have to switch from Shuji 2.2 to an Apex ROM?
DX rooted running Shuji 2.2 w/ BigDX blue bionic theme

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
I'm having the same issue. What exactly did you do to fix it? Am i going to have to switch from Shuji 2.2 to an Apex ROM?
No the fix is just a themed market. It works on shuji.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"Dr. Carpenter said:
No the fix is just a themed market. It works on shuji.
Man.... I'm starting to get discouraged . Ive downloaded Dark Market 3.whatever, went into recovery using Droid2 Bootstrapper, flashed the .zip and when straight to the market to see if it worked but no dice. So I deleted the .zip re-downloaded it flashed it.... and ... nothing. Then even tried wiping the cache before flashing but nada. Is there another market fix I could try?

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
Man.... I'm starting to get discouraged . Ive downloaded Dark Market 3.whatever, went into recovery using Droid2 Bootstrapper, flashed the .zip and when straight to the market to see if it worked but no dice. So I deleted the .zip re-downloaded it flashed it.... and ... nothing. Then even tried wiping the cache before flashing but nada. Is there another market fix I could try?
Try mounting system first.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"Dr. Carpenter said:
Try mounting system first.
First, I really appreciate you helping me. Second, that's uncharted territory for me. I'm still kind of a newb. Do I do that in recovery?

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
First, I really appreciate you helping me. Second, that's uncharted territory for me. I'm still kind of a newb. Do I do that in recovery?
OK. Recovery, mounted system, flashed zip.
Took it for a spin..... Error. Package not signed Blah blah. Is it me? Is it just the market? Lol!

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
OK. Recovery, mounted system, flashed zip.
Took it for a spin..... Error. Package not signed Blah blah. Is it me? Is it just the market? Lol!
Not sure. I'm not at home right now or I could look into I more. In the meantime, if you have access to a computer, you can sign in at market.android.com and purchase apps that way. A pain I know, but a temporary workaround.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"Dr. Carpenter said:
Not sure. I'm not at home right now or I could look into I more. In the meantime, if you have access to a computer, you can sign in at market.android.com and purchase apps that way. A pain I know, but a temporary workaround.
Thanks Doc. I really appreciate your expertise. I see you chatting it up w/ DMX , Rummy,and Sensei, never thought I'd be getting help from one of the greats. I appreciate all you guys do, its brought me a long way and. I've learned tons from you.

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
Thanks Doc. I really appreciate your expertise. I see you chatting it up w/ DMX , Rummy,and Sensei, never thought I'd be getting help from one of the greats. I appreciate all you guys do, its brought me a long way and. I've learned tons from you.
Lol please don't insult those guys by lumping me in with them :) What little I know I learned from them and others like them.

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uglyike642 said:
I tried it the first time by just flashing the .zip in recovery and i got the same results you did, a big fat fail lol. So I deleted the market that wasn't working on my X thru TB first, then flashed the Dark Market in Recovery....and yay....it worked!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"zbjones said:
I tried it the first time by just flashing the .zip in recovery and i got the same results you did, a big fat fail lol. So I deleted the market that wasn't working on my X thru TB first, then flashed the Dark Market in Recovery....and yay....it worked!

Thanks so much! I'm about to try that right now! Ill let you know the result. This has been such a pain in the A.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
Thanks so much! I'm about to try that right now! Ill let you know the result. This has been such a pain in the A.
Quick question. Do I delete just the Market? Or the whole, market and market updater and market feedback?

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"uglyike642 said:
Quick question. Do I delete just the Market? Or the whole, market and market updater and market feedback?
OK. I've deleted the market using TB, Recovery, flashed the zip and HOORAY! I can now make purchases once again. BUT... i still can't update my already purchased apps. I get an error message saying "package not signed correctly "

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
uglyike642 said:
OK. I've deleted the market using TB, Recovery, flashed the zip and HOORAY! I can now make purchases once again. BUT... i still can't update my already purchased apps. I get an error message saying "package not signed correctly "
That I have no idea about. Everything seems to be working OK for me right now. I'm relatively new to this scene. Actually SBF"d for the first time about a month ago. I'm still learning... and I've realized how seriously life saving reading these forums can be. I've gone thru hundreds of threads on here and other forums teaching myself and learning from what everyone has built on.

One thing that might make a difference for you is to make sure you clear your market data and cache, and probably booting into recovery and clearing the cache partition would be a good idea too. I'm sure some others reading this may have other ideas too.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"zbjones said:
That I have no idea about. Everything seems to be working OK for me right now. I'm relatively new to this scene. Actually SBF"d for the first time about a month ago. I'm still learning... and I've realized how seriously life saving reading these forums can be. I've gone thru hundreds of threads on here and other forums teaching myself and learning from what everyone has built on.

One thing that might make a difference for you is to make sure you clear your market data and cache, and probably booting into recovery and clearing the cache partition would be a good idea too. I'm sure some others reading this may have other ideas too.

I think I may have found a "band aid" . Now that i have a functional market (in that i can make purchases) , I ended up deleting all of the apps that I could not update. Then reinstalled the updated versions. It seem to work for every app except for my gmail. If I were to do it to my gmail I would have to wipe my whole phone and I don't want to go through the hassle right now. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate all your input. Couldn't have done it without the 2 of you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts