Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times now I receive a notification that the market found an update to an app. When I press the notification on Droid OG it used to take me to the app market screen with option to update. Now on the bionic it takes me to the market displaying my installed apps list with no options for app updates. I'm pretty sure I have apps set to NOT auto update.

Any ideas?

·
Average Android
97 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have the same problem. I'm thinking it's a market bug, I'm still on the fence about how I feel about the new market

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Its a market bug. Ive used the two most recent market apps on three different phones and get the same bug, along with others.

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
Weird. So is it prompting for updates even though there aren't? Or prompting for updates and losing it when you click?

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
I'm running into bugs like this too. This Fix works SOMETIMES for some problems.
It's simple, just go into Settings----->Applications------->Manage Applications. Then go find Market, forceclose it, clear data, clear cache.
When you go to run it, it will ask to accept terms and conditions again, but 7/10 times it fixes my problems.

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
pwjlw said:
Several times now I receive a notification that the market found an update to an app. When I press the notification on Droid OG it used to take me to the app market screen with option to update. Now on the bionic it takes me to the market displaying my installed apps list with no options for app updates. I'm pretty sure I have apps set to NOT auto update.

Any ideas?
Do you have multiple Gmail accounts set-up on the phone?

·
Supporting Member
38 Posts
"kook said:
Weird. So is it prompting for updates even though there aren't? Or prompting for updates and losing it when you click?
From what I'm seeing, there are updates available, they just don't show which apps to update. I just switched from DX to the Bionic yesterday, only had 22 apps or so listed in market as installed. Had to check each app individually, 2 apps had updates available.

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
bmcgov said:
From what I'm seeing, there are updates available, they just don't show which apps to update. I just switched from DX to the Bionic yesterday, only had 22 apps or so listed in market as installed. Had to check each app individually, 2 apps had updates available.
Weird.

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Had a market issue just now as well. Wouldnt let me download anything. Was giving a error saying i needed wifi cus the file was too large. Took 2 reboots to fix, first reboot and 3g wouldnt come back up. Weird.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts