Android OS Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Time for a status update. I'm pretty sure I've solved the memory issue by taking out the installation script and doing the vast majority of it through java. Everything still works the same, the only difference with this way is that you HAVE to reboot your device to finish the installation. Simply restarting the applications will cause indefinite force closing

EDIT - Also identified the issue as an out of date asset. Digging through my options now to see if completely changing the installation script is the road I need to be taking
Would it be possible for the app to perform the reboot at the appropriate time. In your progress box of what's happening it could just go from installing to rebooting and then finish it all up for us pretty much.

This reminds me of what sourcery toolbox did with some of there mods. If your unfamiliar with the ROM I could post a link to it. (The toolbox is built into the ROM). Not sure if it would help you at all but thought I'd share the info with you just in case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The idea behind it was to let the user reboot when ready, immediately or at a later time. But now I'm fairly certain I can amend the installation to just be able to just need to restart the applications.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RootzWiki mobile app

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
I think its time for a status update. I've come to the conclusion that the method I had in mind to keep rebooting as an option will not work.

The new method will make it so that a reboot is 100% required for installation to complete. Restarting the applications will cause indefinite force closes.

I should have a new beta up some time soon. Its been a very long week but I should be able to get some work done tomorrow

EDIT - Looks like I was wrong about the reboot being required, finalization can be a reboot or to simply restart the applications

·
Registered
1 Posts
installed this on my nexus 4 today after a link was posted on carbon rom google+. Love the idea but it refuses to work. Always gets stuck on installing then eventually it stops working. Running carbon 4.3 nightly 09142013. Really hope you can iron out the bugs as this will be a really good app if it works

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
in the app go to Settings>About and make sure you're on BETA-20130914-0947. The first build started crashing on select 4.2.2 and 4.3 particularly. If you're on this version, please pm me and we'll set up some logging tests since I don't have a n4 to test with

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Ok, new beta fresh up

THIS BETA AND ALL FOLLOWING IT WILL WIPE EVERYTHING FOR THIS APP FROM YOUR DEVICE
This is to ensure a semi perfect test environment and to remove all unusable information and files.
This will result in an overall lighter footprint on your sdcard

This wipe is only on the first run after a fresh update.

Please report any errors either here or email me directly from within the app =)

Currently there are only 5 icon packs for this new version. But a few of these have extras (overlays) if you are a premium user. More icon packs will be added as time allows which should be pretty quick as long as no major errors arise

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Updated to add ZipThemer support and remove the need for files on the sdcard =D

If you know of anyone that works with themes like this (ZipThemer or Metamorph) send them my way. I'd like to get as many themes onto the servers as possible

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.