Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· macht es nicht
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal. two nights ago, i did a backup simply because of how happy i was with the way my phone was running. backup went well....but i named it using rom manager, and my name had spaces. i think that this has caused a lot of problems.
this morning, i woke up to bootlooping after a simple reboot. i have no idea what caused this. well i tried to use my recent nandroid, but it didnt work. md5 sum mismatch.

that was when i used my limited knowledge of adb shell and md5 commands. i think what i essentially did is removed the md5 sum but then i tried to tell it this: "md5sum *img > nandroid.md5", all i get is a cute message saying "md5sum can't open '*img' file or directory does not exist"....
SO i cut my losses and moved on to an older backup. that was this morning, now i'm realllllly wanting this certain backup...is there any hope?
thanks for the help

· Mr Click Click Derk
801 Posts
so heres the deal. two nights ago, i did a backup simply because of how happy i was with the way my phone was running. backup went well....but i named it using rom manager, and my name had spaces. i think that this has caused a lot of problems.
this morning, i woke up to bootlooping after a simple reboot. i have no idea what caused this. well i tried to use my recent nandroid, but it didnt work. md5 sum mismatch.

that was when i used my limited knowledge of adb shell and md5 commands. i think what i essentially did is removed the md5 sum but then i tried to tell it this: "md5sum *img > nandroid.md5", all i get is a cute message saying "md5sum can't open '*img' file or directory does not exist"....
SO i cut my losses and moved on to an older backup. that was this morning, now i'm realllllly wanting this certain backup...is there any hope?
thanks for the help
This is from another thread by ihtfp69 for the Droid Incredible as written on another forum website, but should apply here. For the date, substitute the name of your backup.

Were these the steps you tried?

adb shell
# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53
# rm nandroid.md5
# md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

· Average Android
162 Posts
You had a corrupt backup, it happens sometimes. Your best bet is to cut your loses and move on. If it's app data that you are worried about, I know at least titanium backup can pull apps and data from nandroid backups, I would give that a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.