Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
UPDATE : MMS fixed as well as 3g problems i was having....link is below...tested by me!!!

I thought this would be a great port because it's the ROM i run on my Galaxy Nexus!!! Credit for the port to the i500 goes to
Stevespear426 !!! I copied and pasted his thread cause im to damn lazy to type up my own, and would would pretty much say the same thing, so credit for pretty much everything goes to him!

I also edited the eri.xml so it says US Cellular insted of Verizon Wireless, changed the apns-config.xml for MMS, and changed the build.prop for uscc's network!!!

im just doing the easy still to make it look and feel as if it was made for the Mesmerize...Don't know about MMS yet and will need a tester so please post and let me know guys!!! ENJOY!!!!!

Introducing Gummy Rom for the Samsung Mesmerize. This is a port from TeamGummy's Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus series. Once we get the rest of THS Source this will be built from TeamGummy's Source. Show builds will come soon. Enjoy.

Team Gummy:
Kejar31 - Primary Developer and Project lead
Syaoran12 - Developer
IMoseyON - Kernel Dev
Daank - Wallpapers and artwork

Info:

Notes:
RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE MY MODDIFIED Kejar31 GUMMY GAPPS WITH THIS 01/14/12
BACKUP WORKS SO MY MARKET WENT A LITTLE HAYWIRE AND REDOWNLOADED ALOT OF OLD APPS, SO BE READY TO DELETE
WAIT UP TO 10 MINS FOR 1ST BOOT
GLITCH BETA 2 IS COMPATABLE

Features:
AOSP build based on 4.0.3 complied by Kejar31
Performance Settings - Credit CM / Jrummy16 / Kejar31
GUI manageable init.d scripts tweaks - Credit Jrummy16 / Kejar31
Customisable SystemU tweaks - credit Xoomdev / Syaoran12 / Kejar31
Battery % always available in the lockscreen (now with the option to turn on and off) - Credit Syaoran12
Faster rotation initiation - Credit XoomDev / Kejar31
T9 Dialer - Credit CM
Quad Lockscreen with open customizable seats
Customizable battery icons options ( Hide, miui, stock, fat battery with %, side bar with % and circle)
Modified Trebuchet - credit CM
Pulldown Widgets - credit Syaoran12 / LTE toggle credit - CM (notice it may take a min two for your phone to make the transisiton)
OI FileManager (compiled with the ICS SDK)
FaceBook contact sync - Credit Roman <- Yes it works
Softkey Mod and settings - Credit XoomDev / Icons - WJD Designs
Busybox
Su and Superuser apk - Credit ChainsDD
Stk
Livewallpapers compiled and included
All png's are optimized during build via CM script and PNG Crunch

ChangeLog GAPPS:
Updated Maps
Updated Google Plus

ChangeLog ROM:
0.7.2- Initial Release (Starts with 0.7.2 to keep continuity with TeamGummy)

Credit / Thanks:
All of TeamGummy Specificlly Kejar31
All of TeamHacksung Specificlly JT1134 and Sbrissen
Birdman and co for releasing his Rootz Boat which I used as a guide to get this up and going without his initial hard work there is no way I would have had this up an running in two days
ChainsDD for su and superuser
CyanogenMod for all they do and the way they mak everything available to all of us

Install:
Use Fixed for CM7 Recovery CMW.zip or Odin.tar
Flash THS Build 2 if coming from GB
Download the ROM
Download Gapps
adb reboot recovery
wipe data/cache/dalvik in CWM
install ROM
install gapps
reboot
Downloads:

Mesmerize0.7.2
http://gunnermike53....mmyMez0.7.2.zip
md5- 89379468B4BC673A881A1519A1D714FB

3G_MMS Patch for 0.7.2
http://gunnermike53....mmyMez0.7.2.zip
md5- 5A4312B127CB454F52D8C681B6DFC94E

GummyGapps
http://www.mediafire...yu4j903eib7k2ze
md5- 370516d7c98c533218992c9f3b0f5f04

Donate:

Stevespear42 donate
Kejar31 donate
Syaoran12 donate

SceenShot's:

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
np...making a patch incase 3g dont wanna work!!!

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
Well his version has been running great so far but I will try this as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well his version has been running great so far but I will try this as well. Thanks!
does our MMS work without my changes?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's one thing I hadn't tried... it seems to be stuck on sending. Do you have it fixed in your version? If so I'll definitely switch right now, I use mms daily.
i have to wait till i can talk to sbrissen to see what he did in build 6.1 and go from there...until then, if mms is needed, use my build 6 of ICS...should have this fixed by tomorrow!

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
i have to wait till i can talk to sbrissen to see what he did in build 6.1 and go from there...until then, if mms is needed, use my build 6 of ICS...should have this fixed by tomorrow!
cool, I can wait that long :)

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
i didnt mod the MMS.apk in build 6...but maybe it was modded for the fassy version of this ROM...good idea...repost in a min to see if it works!!!

UPDATE : The MMS.apk for the fassy version had been edited and i pulled the MMS.apk from the mesmerize version and everything went through fine...posting the 3g fix with the mms fix in 1 lil patch file!!!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
my link has been in the OP....and mine has a 3g fix in it as well....much love homie but please remove this link so people dont get confused....and then PM me on what you did to fix mms please

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.