Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Problem Solver
319 Posts
The latest glitch kernel for ICS-based ROMs is v14 preview 4; this kernel is still a 'test' build. (I have tried preview 5 *facepalm and yes it causes problems because it is for the Telus Fassy)

Version 13 is for CM7/MIUI and is not a 'test' build and is therefore noted as the 'latest and greatest' release in the thread.
Actually the latest glitch for ics is 14b3 (beta 3).

Sent from my glitched ICS mez

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Could this work on the Showcase by changing the carrier name if I don't use MMS?
yes it could...just needs the build.prop edited, the carrier text changed and another tweak or 2 done to it...ask _josh_ to make a patch for it for the showcase :)...he knows how to get the mms working and everything

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
i didnt mod the MMS.apk in build 6...but maybe it was modded for the fassy version of this ROM...good idea...repost in a min to see if it works!!!

UPDATE : The MMS.apk for the fassy version had been edited and i pulled the MMS.apk from the mesmerize version and everything went through fine...posting the 3g fix with the mms fix in 1 lil patch file!!!
Tator first off great rom appreciate your hard work and dedication! I only have one issue i can receive mms and send pic messages but my txt msgs never convert to mms when over allocated charachters and fails to send everytime any thoughts or solutions?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
as long as your not trying to send MMS while on wifi, everything should be working right....try reinstalling the ROM maybe, see if that helps

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
hey tator has anyone looked any further into making the SMS split work in mms.apk? it never has worked right on any stock type rom (it works on like miui and 3rd party apps.)

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
Speaking of mms.apk...

Any way to change the Smiley back to the enter key?

What would that change require? Already using Smart Keyboard.

Also, is there something I can do to fix the location services when using browsers? I can't remember seeing anything throughout the life of this ROM...

Everything else works great. Thank you so much for your continued support!

·
Average Android
310 Posts
heh. I have adb all setup on my laptop but I was given a desktop the other day so I am trying to get everything setup on this computer as well. I think I have everything setup for ADB and all that goes with it but I am missing something. When I am in CMD using ADB I can see my old phone just fine but I cant see the Mesmerize with Gummy/Glitch setup. I thought I remember there being an issue with the 4.x roms and that I needed a driver or something. I went and downloaded a handful of drivers and have no luck yet. My laptop does see the phone so I am not sure what I am missing(I can connect with the USB to view the files still, Just not adb). Thanks

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
Speaking of mms.apk...

Also, is there something I can do to fix the location services when using browsers? I can't remember seeing anything throughout the life of this ROM...

oh my god this, I never use that stupid key. I found an mms.apk that was modded to be ics holo themed and have the enter key, it worked fine but broke mms. I'm sure ours could be modified, its so obnoxious to not be able to put line breaks in my messages.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Speaking of mms.apk...

Have you tried disabling it in smart keyboard???

Smiley key

Choose when the smiley key is displayed instead of the enter key:
  • Auto: the smiley key is displayed automatically in the messaging app only. Note that if you use Handcent SMS, you need to choose "Smile" in the "Action key-type" setting
  • Off: the smiley key is never displayed
  • On: the smiley key is always displayed

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
Have you tried disabling it in smart keyboard???

Smiley key

Choose when the smiley key is displayed instead of the enter key:
  • Auto: the smiley key is displayed automatically in the messaging app only. Note that if you use Handcent SMS, you need to choose "Smile" in the "Action key-type" setting
  • Off: the smiley key is never displayed
  • On: the smiley key is always displayed
no because I use the ICS keyboard because it is pretty and isn't missing out on many features.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
61 - 80 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.