Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Steve,
I have a little more info for you. I downloaded ROM Manager from the Market and ran the permission fix. I tried rebooting using ROM Manager and it WORKED!! I got into recovery. I also tried Quickboot and that did not work. I am not sure why ROM Manager let me boot into CWM. The question is why is ROM Manager working for me, but no one else is even having the issue?

As for getting the logcat all I am doing is using a program called aLogcat fromt he market. Just before I attempt a reboot into recovery I clear the log. Once the phone is back up I email the output to myself then paste to pastebin.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Steve,
I have a little more info for you. I downloaded ROM Manager from the Market and ran the permission fix. I tried rebooting using ROM Manager and it WORKED!! I got into recovery. I also tried Quickboot and that did not work. I am not sure why ROM Manager let me boot into CWM. The question is why is ROM Manager working for me, but no one else is even having the issue?

As for getting the logcat all I am doing is using a program called aLogcat fromt he market. Just before I attempt a reboot into recovery I clear the log. Once the phone is back up I email the output to myself then paste to pastebin.
Did you try my test? Did fix permissions fix the power menu reboot also? your logcat is only getting the boot not the reboot. Use Adb logcat.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Steve,
Just tried your download. No go. Same result I'm afraid. I am having issues getting my PC to see my Phone correctly so ADB will work from the command line, which is why I was using the aLogcat initially.

UPDATE: I have ADB installed with the JDK. The issue I am having is that even with debugging mode selected the phone does not go into debugging mode. When I run a a ADB get-state at the command line all I get back is "device". It doesn't seem to see my phone. In device manager I see a Android Composite Device in Device Manager.

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Also when using the GPS Status app the compass doesn't seem to work.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
New Builds up. I think I got all the mez and show issues worked out. I removed device checks in the updater-scripts so you should be able to flash whatever build you need to. From here on out stick to your device if you try and flash between fascinate and mes or show you will run into CMW errors.....

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Steve,
So the issue of being able to reboot to recovery via the power button menus is still an issue for me on the latest build. As I have mentioned I can get to it using ROM Manager as well as the ROM Manager part in ROM Toolbox.

Also my compass is not working. I verified again in the GPS Status app that I use.

I have also been getting a error stating that the Apex Launcher has closed. It seems to restart, but not sure why the error is happening.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Steve,
So the issue of being able to reboot to recovery via the power button menus is still an issue for me on the latest build. As I have mentioned I can get to it using ROM Manager as well as the ROM Manager part in ROM Toolbox.

Also my compass is not working. I verified again in the GPS Status app that I use.'

Any thoughts
Yeah.... Dammit. I don't know what else to check.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Alright we've kept you waiting long enough. Here's what all the fuss was about. Team Glitch has decided to make the ROMs that we are maintaining more of or own. TKGlitch, Sixstringsg, Efpophis, and myself have been busting our butts getting ready for this move.

What does this mean for you the user?

A) Team Glitch maintained ROMs will now come packaged with the Glitch Kernel and its scripts and modules. You can expect very soon they will all come with the Glitch Recovery as well.

2) We've implemented a Big Memory tweak that takes back some of the RAM that Samsung stole from us and left useless in the kernel. This ROM/Kernel combo now gives you an additional 47MB of RAM for the ROM to use.

C) Unfortunately unless THS follows suit the Glitch Kernel may not be compatible with THS ROMs anymore. Good news is it will still be in AOKP, Gummy, and my CM9 kangs for you CM9 lovers.

Lastly) Until the android issues are fully worked out I highly recommend switching to TiBu for your backup needs for the time being.

http://gummy.exynos.co/ <--- The new builds in there will have the bigmemtest.

Major props go to Team Glitch members TKGlitch, Sixstringsg, and Efpophis for being awesome. Enjoy.

This has Efpophis sensors also.

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Everything working great on the 4/6/12 build minus the reboot into recovery from the power button menu issue I am still having. My compass is now functioning normal and Apex Launcher is not crashing upon reboot (though I did download an update to that in the Market).

What the 'F' is with the new boot animation and audio? LMAO!!!

Great job Team Gummy!! Looking forward to future builds/releases for my Mesmerize.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Firstly new builds up. Added Glitchy Bootani thanks to j2cool and replaced the boot_audio with something.... more me. If you dont like it F U. Then you can just delete it from /system/media.

Second fixed camera flash for mez and show users.

Third I fixed the icon transparency issue in the source but Adam being Adam one uped me and made it an optional slider in settings along with icon color picker... That bastard.

Still no recovery fix... sorry guys its mind blowing. Works on every other ROM and the logcats say your are going into recovery... I dunno whats up.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Hey I haven't been keeping up on all the ICS development in the last few months, tried it when it first came out and was really buggy. But now want to try it again and this rom seems pretty cool, are there any big issues with it and which one should I use? The 4-1-12 one or the version 1.0?? what are the differences? Thanks for any help :)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts