Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
****For those interested in staying on 1.8.5 but would still like to have the updated power_profile.xml for better battery life download this------>>>>http://www.mediafire.com/?cgmn5jntffua77l

Instructions:
Just download and save to sdcard like any other flashable zip. Then boot into CWR via Rom Manager and flash it. Not neccessary to wipe dalvik cache, although you can if you like.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These settings have been utilized by many users and proven to disable the airplane bug glitch. Even with the power_profile.xml update in 1.8.12 these are still increasing battery life and performance. Items denoted with a (*) are things that I have recently changed. Links for the baseband update to .13P, the v6supercharger script, the KAK tweak, and the market link for both juice defender and script manager are at the bottom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im using juice defender ultimate utilizing the advanced profile.
About:
At the bottom i have;
screen=enable after unlock

Controls:
Mobile Data-Enabled
Wifi-Disabled
AutoSync-Ping
Timeout-Disabled
Brightness-Disabled (I use MIUI auto-brightness settings that I have posted below)
CPU-Enabled (Min=300 Max Idle=300 Max=1000)
On demand Governor

Schedules:
Schedule-Enabled with Frequency @2h and Duration @15s(Controls=Default)
Night=Enabled
(Start/End 0000-0630)(Adaptive Start/End +30min, -2h)(options=Airplane and Silent)
Peak=Disabled
Weekend=Disabled

Triggers:
Battery-Enabled with Threshold @25% and charger set to AC.
Screen-Enabled with controls=default
Traffic-Enabled(Threshold=Normal(10KB/15s), 15s min
Apps-Disabled
Location-Disabled
About Screen:

I also utilize zeppelinrox's v6 supercharger script which is on (version)v8 atm. Download Scriptmanager from the market and run the .txt file as root and follow the prompts. I am running option 6

I also am running 98kickasskerneltweak which is linked here. These is also run using Scriptmanager.
NEW:: I have created a script that plays nice with MIUI that allows increased 3G data speeds, and still allows the use of WiFi.
Powerboost Script v1.5
Please follow the instructions listed in the OP of that thread.
What this script does:
1)This script unthrottles the data cap set by VZW during peak hours and during high traffic situation. This is accomplished by decompiling the classes.dex file located in the services.jar of framework. All of the throttling files are removed and the .jar is recompiled.
--------The script swaps the old "throttled" classes.dex with the unthrottled one.
2)This script also backs up your current build.prop as build.prop.old and adds some boosting lines to the build.prop. This allows the not only uncapped download and upload speeds, but also faster and more stable speeds as well.
*) This script will become a sort of universal in a way script at one point, including many tweaks that will make it a easy run on MIUI.

direct download link v1.5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last settings I customize is the Auto-Brightness Settings.

These are based off of the CM7 settings I just tweaked them a little.

*Turn Automatic Brightness on in the display settings menu and then choose advanced mode.
*Disable the light sensor as it is not relevant to the DX.

Next is the Light Levels.
*Enable Custom Levels, and set the screen brightness level to 2.
*Allow lights to decrease set to on and reduce hysteresis to 90%.
----Next is to edit the other levels.
Set the number of levels at the bottom to 8.
**Lower----Screen----Buttons**
----0---------2----------0-----
---11--------25----------0-----
---15--------25----------0-----
---65--------25----------0----
---101-------50----------0----
--3000------208---------0----
--6000-----246-----------0---
--8000-----255-----------0----

This shows my discharge time:

yielding me with this battery life:

Display:

i am aware that times dont equal. This is due to the fact that I wipe battery stats by deleting battstats.bin and then rebooting and pulling battery during reboot. Phone will still reboot without battery. Reinsert battery after the haptic feedback and your phone should say charging 5% or 60%. Once its at 100%+15 minutes I use battery calibration to wipe battery stats(again) and then I unplug it.
**This is also a modification of zeppelinrox's method. I give full credit to him. I am just displaying my settings for you guys to utilize or criticize.

EDIT: Make sure phone is cool before rebooting and pulling battery and before unplugging at the last step. Weird things can happen if this is done while hot.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or what you guys think.
============================================================================

Links:

Juice Defender Ultimate
--->there is a free version of JD that you have to install as well, but this is the add-on to get the features of ultimate.

Script Manager

Ram130's .13P baseband .zip

Just download this and save it to the sdcard. Then just flash it via clockwork recovery.

V6_Supercharger_For_Android-update8.sh.txt View attachment 899

98KickAssKernelTweaksInstallerUpdate2.sh.txt View attachment 901

NOTE: These links were pulled from the threads on XDA, however QR codes were regenerated.

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Those Light level adjustments really help a lot. I'm sure it saves battery, and helps tremendously in the dark. Been using those a while with a few of your other tweaks, but thanks for the rest of your setup, like the juicer stuff

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
thanks for the post and it helped out alot but i think i did something wrong i followed your instructions to the letter and now for some reason i can't get wifi to work keeps saying error when i switch it on im on Droid X on MIUI 1.8.5 rom any suggestion?

·
Android Enthusiast
268 Posts
BMc08GT said:
Ok so someone requested that I post my JD settings in the MIUI thread so I figured I would make a thread out of it, with also combining all the other tweaks that I have done.

So here are my JD settings:

Im using juice defender ultimate utilizing the advanced profile.

Controls:
Mobile Data-Enabled
Wifi-Disabled (Once suspend bug is fixed this will be utilized)
AutoSync-Ping
Timeout-Disabled
Brightness-Disabled (I use MIUI auto-brightness settings that I have posted below)
CPU-Enabled (Min=300 Max Idle=300 Max=1000)
On demand Governor

Schedules:
Schedule-Enabled with Frequency @2h and Duration @15s(Controls=Default)
Night=Disabled(I work midnights but will be utilizing this once im back on days)
Peak=Disabled
Weekend=Disabled

Triggers:
Battery-Enabled with Threshold @25% and charger set to AC.
Screen-Enabled with controls=default
Traffic-Enabled(Threshold=Normal(10KB/15s), 15s min
Apps-Disabled
Location-Disabled(Once suspend issue is resolved this will be utilized)

About Screen:

I also utilize zeppelinrox's v6 supercharger script which is on v8 atm. Download Scriptmanager from the market and run the .txt file as root and follow the prompts. I am running option 6

I also am running 98kickasskerneltweak and 3G TurboCharger which are linked here. These are also both run using Scriptmanager.

The last settings I customize is the Auto-Brightness Settings.

These are based off of the CM7 settings I just changed them a little.

*Turn Automatic Brightness on in the display settings menu and then choose advanced mode.
*Enable the light sensor and make your window length 20-30s(up to you;mine is at 30s although I have used both).
*Set the reset threshold to 500lux and make the Sample Interval 2s.

Next is the Light Levels.
*Enable Custom Levels, and set the screen brightness level to 2.
*Allow lights to decrease set to on and reduce hysteresis to 90%.
----Next is to edit the other levels.
Set the number of levels at the bottom to 8.
**Lower----Screen----Buttons**
----0---------2----------0-----
---11--------25----------0-----
---15--------25----------0-----
---65--------25----------0----
---101-------50----------0----
--3000------208---------0----
--6000-----246-----------0---
--8000-----255-----------0----

This shows my discharge time:

yielding me with this battery life:

Display:

i am aware that times dont equal. This is due to the fact that I wipe battery stats by deleting battstats.bin and then rebooting and pulling battery during reboot. Phone will still reboot without battery. Reinsert battery after the haptic feedback and your phone should say charging 5% or 60%. Once its at 100%+15 minutes I use battery calibration to wipe battery stats(again) and then I unplug it.
**This is also a modification of zeppelinrox's method. I give full credit to him. I am just displaying my settings for you guys to utilize or criticize.

EDIT: Make sure phone is cool before rebooting and pulling battery and before unplugging at the last step. Weird things can happen if this is done while hot.
----------
Let me know if you guys have any questions or what you guys think.
Previously, the 3g SuperCharger causes users to lose connectivity. Were you able to get this to work successfully? And if so, what did you do beside run the script?

·
Your Local Rootz Lurker
667 Posts
SuperChargedJ said:
Previously, the 3g SuperCharger causes users to lose connectivity. Were you able to get this to work successfully? And if so, what did you do beside run the script?
Had the same problem to no data connection after applying it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
I have been using the 3g patch for most of the day and haven't had any issues with 3g connecting... great little write up man good info and detail

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the. Support guys. This method does work and my battery saver multiplier is consistently x2.00 also the 3G booster is stable now and rootzwiki and facebook load instantly.
I hope everyone who tries this posts if it works or not for them.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SuperChargedJ said:
Just ran the script. I run the v6 first, then kerneltweak, and then the 36 script. then I reboot. They will all stick after a reboot and there is no need to reapply any of them unless you switch roms, update rom (1.8.5 to 1.8.12), etc.

·
Android Enthusiast
268 Posts
BMc08GT said:
Thanks for all the. Support guys. This method does work and my battery saver multiplier is consistently x2.00 also the 3G booster is stable now and rootzwiki and facebook load instantly.
I hope everyone who tries this posts if it works or not for them.
Thanks, just applied the 3G Supercharger and wow, it opens up a page in mere seconds.

·
Android Enthusiast
268 Posts
BMc08GT said:
Strange. Yu using juice and the scripts or just the scripts?
Both. I actually got the 3G to work after rebooting my phone but Wifi still can not connect. I tested my Wifi with other devices and it works fine. Any recommendations on what I should do?

2nd EDIT: After applying the edits and rebooting my phone for a second time, I got everything working.

Here are the changes to the build.prop if you were having Wifi connectivity issues:

If you have 3g update 2 installed already, you can just make those 3 edits...

ro.ril.hsxpa=5 instead of 3
ro.ril.gprsclass=32
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=268449905 instead of 14449

I hope this helps everyone.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts