Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Here are some fixes for MIUI 1.9.16 on the droid x. It seems that the fix got left out of builds after 1.8.12 and the phone is not reporting deep sleep correctly under some different random conditions it seems.

Thanks go to DXC for his nonstop bug stomping, framework43 for MIUI, and I believe rev numbers for the original fix in CM7GB.

This post contains the fix for 1.9.16 as well as zips to take it back to the stock power profile in case anything seems off. I tested each one so you should be good to go! Just flash in CWM recovery.

New version. Fixed the lady's shoe for usb.

fix for 1.9.16 http://www.box.net/shared/sn9m102jce10murn4bfc

Stock 1.9.16 http://www.box.net/shared/7ye0b2r88eeimprspnnt

I tested these and it worked great, but please note I am not responsible for anything bad that happens! Please let me know though if something does and we will try to fix it.

Again. Thank you DXC for helping me out with this :)

·
Developer
718 Posts
thanks BurnCycle, if we get a few more people reporting they like it, I'll stick it in the next Bug Stomper and give you full credit of course

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"BrentBlend said:
Do you think I could run this on .23?
This one will not run on. 23 I do have some as well to run on. 23, but I'm waiting for framework to get his done before I release more to the public. Pm me Brent and ill hook you up with. 23 patch in the morning.

·
Average Android
129 Posts
just flashed this and saw the usb shoe icon is back.

if i flash the bugstomper zip with it undo the changes made by this zip?

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"davidukfl said:
just flashed this and saw the usb shoe icon is back.

if i flash the bugstomper zip with it undo the changes made by this zip?
Yes unfortunately. I want thinking when I did it lol. All the fixes will still be in place except the shoe. I will have it fixed tomorrow around lunch. Stupid shoe.

·
Android Flashaholic
361 Posts
Thank you for this.

It's really helpful to know what has been changed in these patches, so that those of us with some tech savvy can learn a thing or two.

Does this just change the power_profile.xml? If so, could you post the new xml so those of us comfortable patching with Ninjamorph can do so without losing any other framework patches (like the lady's shoe)?

Thanks again!
J

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jdhas said:
Thank you for this.

It's really helpful to know what has been changed in these patches, so that those of us with some tech savvy can learn a thing or two.

Does this just change the power_profile.xml? If so, could you post the new xml so those of us comfortable patching with Ninjamorph can do so without losing any other framework patches (like the lady's shoe)?

Thanks again!
J

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I would but I would feel most comfortable using the zips. I know there are people who would want to use it but I think it could cause a lot of unnecessary questions from those who don't know ninjamorph, and I have never ever ever been able to get ninjamorph to swap out this particular xml anyway. I am, however, currently making sure it boots and the lady's shoe should be gone :) will post again as soon as I upload the new version.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fixed version is up and the lady's shoe is gone! Please reflash if you want it gone :)

·
Droid Nerd Extraordinaire
1,254 Posts
Well, installed it last night and came off charger this morning at 650. I was at 90% when I got to work and put the phone in a drawer. It is now 1500 and battery is now at a solid 80% having been unused for about 4 hours. Before the patch I lost a little over twice that so it seems to be working.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mcp770 said:
Well, installed it last night and came off charger this morning at 650. I was at 90% when I got to work and put the phone in a drawer. It is now 1500 and battery is now at a solid 80% having been unused for about 4 hours. Before the patch I lost a little over twice that so it seems to be working.
Awesome man! That's exactly the things I want to hear :)

And just as an fyi, If framework43 doesn't include it in the next release, then I will update my zips to the newest version accordingly!

·
Average Android
52 Posts
A little off-topic now that the .zip has been updated to remove the shoe...but my curiosity overwhelms me.

Where did the shoe come from in the first place? Was it thrown in there as a joke by someone porting from the Chinese version of MIUI?

·
Developer
718 Posts
this will be built into .23 releasing tonight

1 - 20 of 31 Posts