Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from ApeX, I was quite bored with the standard, Gingerbread style. I decided to give MIUI a try.

My impression? It's GORGEOUS. However, after devoting 4 nights to it, I'm considering my retreat.

I've had 20+ random reboots a day. At first, I figured it was because I had restored apps with data using Titanium Backup pro. So, on day 2, I did a factory reset. This time, I would only install apps from the market.

Guess what? STILL constant, random reboots. I thought that maybe it had something to do with apps on my SD card. So, on day 3, I removed the SD card completely.

STILL, nothing but reboots. About an hour ago, day 4, I sbf'd back to .340 and flashed MIUI anew. This time, I only activated the phone; nothing else. Less than 10 minutes later, another random reboot!

What the hell is going on here? I love the interface, but I can't deal with my phone shutting down constantly!

·
Average Android
151 Posts
I don't have reboots at all. You probably need to check your logs (the app is alogcat)

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
you are not alone my friend... i dunno what cud be the reason though - i didn't have any on cm7 - just on miui - random reboots - quite a few of 'em...

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried alogcat yesterday and found nothing of interest, at least to me.

My thought was, how is it supposed to save a log when the phone reboots and cancels the logging?

·
Average Android
149 Posts
You could try to get a log from adb. If your phone is doing it that often then maybe you could hook it up to the PC and try that. But I don't get any reboots. I guess i've always been lucky. I didn't get any on cm7 either.

Sent from miui4dx

·
Average Android
98 Posts
I've been running MiUi since the day it came out I flashed right after a fresh sbf and I've not had one random reboot, and only problems i've ran into are Apps didn't auto restore and I can't get swype working

Edit: and of course HORRIBLE BATTERY Life
Sent from my DROIDX

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
Are you doing any Modding or theme changing when this happens? That is the only time I've had any reboots on miui. After it has settled in (about 24 hrs) its gotten better. I only see it happen when changing themes really quick and not letting one fully set it before changing it again.

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
Since flashing the rom on Saturday (7/23), I've only had two or three. Thankfully, it didn't happen while I was doing something of consequence.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
I had about 7 reboots today. Most of the time it happened when I was listening to music. I wiped dats and cache and reflashed the rom. We'll see if it goes away. Either way, I'm keeping the rom.

·
Average Android
89 Posts
Feel kinda bad for the folks with poor battery life and randomn reboots. Havent had a single issue with MIUI myself. If its any help my process is sbf >flash MIUI and update zip > charge to 100% > clear battery stats > install apps from market > then kill the battery to finish battery calibration. Getting about 16-20 hrs out of it and only 2 force closes (google music and gmail).

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
No issues here been running it for a few days no reboots. Like the others sbf and fresh install no issues so far maybe everyone with issues try an SBF and fresh install.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
"mortodestructo said:
By the way, several weeks ago, I experienced the same behavior with CM4DX. Is my phone possessed?
That was because they messed up on one of the nightlies they fixed that the next nightly. But I would say ur best bet is to wipe data and reflash if u don't mind doing it. Unless someone has a better answer

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To everyone suggesting that I wipe data and flash back to .340, I've done this twice now. Something I have noticed is that it never seems to happen when the screen is on. On the charger, last night, 6 hours of uptime; since I've been awake, at least one random reboot.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Yeah, I'm off today so I'm going to re-do everything starting with a fresh sbf back to froyo. Hopefully that'll fix the reboots and battery troubles.

·
Average Android
151 Posts
You must be contagious. I had my first reboot today. :( I just installed the tether patch yesterday. I'm wondering if it's related to that. Do you guys getting reboots have that installed?

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
Does any one use the v6 supercharger script maybee its that? I use it and get reboots also

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
I flashed it the night it came out and when the patch came out, I flashed that. I have also flashed the Extended Settings mod. I did the supercharged script. And I've applied more themes than I can count. Even with all that screwing around with it, I can't think of ONE time where it rebooted on me.

Same with CM7. I wonder if it is a hardware issue. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts