Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
the only problem i have with miren is that it hasn't been updated since february, possibly meaning developer has abandoned it

·
Android Apprentice - Semi-noob
614 Posts
i've been having a lot of problems with the stock browser lately, not being able to get out of it. Used to be able to just hold down back arrow hard key, and it would get out, lately have had to use home key, and then go in and use app killer to stop it.

i'm a big fan of Dolphin HD, have used all the others, and between it and Miren, are probably the best. Cant remember what the problem with Miren was, but would definitely prefer both of them over the stock

·
Android Lover
169 Posts
The reason for this Poll is because there were some cry babies threatening to go to a different rom because they hated the MIUI Browser and wanted the Stock Google version. I guess they thought their threats were gonna somehow hurt Framework financially or something. I guess they missed the part that this rom is "FREE" and is their own choosing to flash their phone with it.

I too voted for the MIUI version. :)
Thanks Framework for all that you do for us.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
miren browser is missing a feature that i use a lot

search auto complete

like if I hit the search key and type "rootz" in the default browser, rootzwiki appears. this saves me a lot of time and spelling errors when searching for things, among other benefits

i consider this to be a serious flaw of the miren browser

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
I didn't like the Miren browser. If it's added as the default browser it would be cool if there was a way to have the other browser as an option, lol maybe I'm picky but options are nice to have.

sent using TaPaTaLk

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
"davidnc said:
I didn't like the Miren browser. If it's added as the default browser it would be cool if there was a way to have the other browser as an option, lol maybe I'm picky but options are nice to have.

sent using TaPaTaLk
You do realize you can use another browser regardless which comes with the rom, right?

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
uberbdon said:
You do realize you can use another browser regardless which comes with the rom, right?
Yeah but I don't like opera or dolphin browser(s) either. The stock browser(that's on most roms) or Miui browser are the only ones I have used

sent using TaPaTaLk

·
Android Beginner
31 Posts
Opera mobile. Flash support, fast, user agent selection between mobile or desktop. Best of all, Opera link. Install opera on your desktop and import the bookmarks and they're also available on your mobile version. The browser in general is much more user friendly and snappier than dolphin or the stock browser. They did a really good job with the last few updates. I use dolphin only as a backup now.

G

·
rgray331975 said:
Link to stock browrser on market please?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
You can always just pull the browser apk from another ROM and push it to system/app. It should work without any issues since it doesn't rely on any framework but the standard Android framework. If I was still on MIUI, I'd give it a shot for you. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
swiftmazda said:
You can always just pull the browser apk from another ROM and push it to system/app. It should work without any issues since it doesn't rely on any framework but the standard Android framework. If I was still on MIUI, I'd give it a shot for you. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.
Thanks, but i was making a point. Stocks not in the market but miren is so why is this even a possibly? Taking options away takes away from the rom

·
Android Addict
1,029 Posts
rgray331975 said:
Thanks, but i was making a point. Stocks not in the market but miren is so why is this even a possibly? Taking options away takes away from the rom

Yes but also this is a "community supported ROM" and ethier of us, the ones who want stock, or who want miui browser can just pull the apk. So its not taking any option away, just voting on which is in the updates, so the mojority of us dont have to pull the apk and all that every build.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.