Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
This is for the DROID X on MIUI.

So the first MIUI version to come out for the Droid X was 1.7.22, which had a working native screenshot function. Since then, on all releases, the native screenshot function (settings + vol down) has been borked.

I've begun looking into the problem and have already narrowed down the issue, so I plan to release a fix within a few days. However, in analyzing the issue, I've discovered an easy workaround for the time being.

1) Go to Settings > System > SD card Settings. Click Unmount SD card.

2) Take your screenshots. They will now show up in your gallery.

3) Go back to SD card Settings and click Mount SD card.

**The below steps are OPTIONAL, but will remove the annoying "Move data to sd card" popup. Unfortunately, even if you hit OK, it will not successfully move the screenshots to the SD Card, despite looking like it does. Even worse, everytime your SD card is mounted, it will display that popup.

4) Using root explorer, go to /data/sdcard/. Delete the DCIM folder if it exists. Open /MIUI/screen_cap and move (dont copy, but move) all files inside to /sdcard/MIUI/screen_cap/. The goal here is to have nothing left inside /data/sdcard/ except empty folders (you can even remove those).

5) Open Gallery, press the Settings button, Re-scan SD card.

I'll update this thread with a permanent fix asap.

Reactions: Phelon

·
Inspired Dev
95 Posts
I just noticed this thread, great post! This is what I did until the bugstomper came out with the fix. But it also works with MIUI running Jakebites MOD, which has something to do with symlinks, causing the Screen cap to not work with his mod installed. so for thoughs who have 1.9.23 or .30 AND Jakebitesmods installed, then you can still do this to get screens. Good stuff DXC, love everything you post man!

·
Average Android
52 Posts
Odd...my screenshot feature has always worked normally. Am I just lucky?

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
I also must be lucky or have a weird phone, screencap works for me too. Go figure.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts