Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Androidian
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a lot of work going into CM7 development right now, but I saw this, could MIUI be ported to D2G as well?

·
Android Apprentice
137 Posts
The thing I really wish I had from MIUI is the battery bar across the top.

I wonder how hard that would be to integrate into current ROMs?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

·
Androidian
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AWESOME. I'm really excited about this and can bug test and run logcats or whatever else needs to happen.
It's nice to see the D2G ROM scene picking up.

·
Developer
190 Posts
D2G will not have stable MIUI until CM7 is more stable.
The person making the CM7 builds for D2G has tried to contact me. Progress will happen.

·
Android Lover
197 Posts
My d2g is booted and sending this message from miui via wifi since the d2 radio is different.
This rom looks amazing! I can't wait may have to ditch my d2g for a d2

·
Androidian
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"audinutt said:
My d2g is booted and sending this message from miui via wifi since the d2 radio is different.
This rom looks amazing! I can't wait may have to ditch my d2g for a d2
So the D2 version boots but doesn't have service?

·
Android Lover
197 Posts
Correct, I couldn't get cm recovery to come back up.
Wifi works but no cell service.
I had to sbf, tried installing and using romer, then it wouldn't boot.

-richard

·
Android Lover
197 Posts
I am going to attempt to duplicate what Romer has done in the past.
I have unzipped the romer utility and am going to attempt to work on this.
I will copy all the source files from CM7 for radio, etc and attempt to push them into the miui via adb once I get some sleep. I may fail miserably, this is my first attempt at this.

-Richard

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
After we get CM7 approved for official I will try to help you guys out. The radio files will be in the 2nd init files which is the droid2we boot. Also you will need the moto-ril in the lib folder and the mux related ones.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
This NEEDS to happen. I've been following the progress with CM7, and they're just about ready to release an official nightlies. Really hope somebody could get miui to work for D2G, I would be more than willing to help test

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I am downloading the D2 port of MIUI and am going to do a port of it. I don't know my way around source code but I will be mixing in CM lib's and see if I can make it work more. The radio should be a really easy fix. (I got GSM working in CM7) I am sure it will be the same way though as in CM. Until we figure out how to get the Zygote classes running properly it will be the same for that as well.

So I need a list of bugs,

So far all I know is that the radio doesn't work. But I havent loaded the D2 port yet, still downloading the latest and going to backup my CM install.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeah the biggest issue is that we were using Droid 2 sensors, and 2nd init files. I changed them and included the stagefright + camera stuff from CM4D2G because we all know its going to be flipped otherwise lol. Loading rom up for my first attempt now.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts