Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys when I have an incoming call and my screen is off the screen doesnt turn on as soon as the phone starts to ring anyone else having that problem and is there a way to fix it?

·
Average Android
129 Posts
i have the same problem.so does my coworkers evo running miui.

some people have been able to fix it by turning of the proximity sensor in the phone settings.

i haven't had any luck on my X our my friends evo doing that though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
70 Posts
Thank-you! This is my main complaint with miui and why I always switch roms. I would love to know how to fix that.

P.s. is it OK to flash imoseyeon tweaks over jakebitesv11 if you already flashed those?

·
Average Android
129 Posts
BrentBlend said:
imoyseyon has some sysctl tweaks that might be placebos or may actually be helping this issueeither way I like his [email protected], I would not bother with Jakebites` if you flash imoseyonJake's scripts still seem pretty beta
are you running the v6 script with imoseyon?

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Have you guys tried changing the ring delay? There's a killer app in the app section call PropModder, it will let you change the setting.

·
Android Mechanic
203 Posts
Call ring delay is def. useful ... and just like proximity it can help this issue.... which is awkward considering both are normally meant for the opposite, sorta ...in a way lol.The black screen problem is often caused by the proximity sensor settings, as well as ring delay, and at times libs/frameworks too.

Try looking in your build.prop file for these values about half way, or a little past, down the file:

#Proximity sensor debounce time
mot.proximity.delay=450
# disable touch below 60 pixels
mot.proximity.distance=60

# BEGIN Motorola, pkd348, 26-Apr-2010, ISHADOW-4035
# true Horizontal BUA is preloaded, not allow to install standalone version of BuA from Android Market
# false Horizontal BUA is not preloaded
ro.HorizontalBUA=true
#Proximity sensor debounce time
mot.proximity.delay=450
mot.proximity.distance=60

If they resemble those then try setting the mot.proximity.delay value down from 450 to 150 or 100, and reboot. If that doesn't fix it then check and make sure the sensors are working.

Usually that value is for how quickly the phone goes to/returns from the black screen when pulling the phone to and from your dome when talking on the phone. It can help with this problem as well I have found. If not I'll see if I can track down an old zip I used to have that usually fixes this.... no clue where it is tho.

Also as weird as this might sound, if none of that helped check your memory/cache/dalvik to make sure that it's not full or close to it.

Oh ... lol forgot to show the delay..... call delay is found at the bottom of the build.prop amongst the upper half of that big blob of text:

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1000

If its around that value try turning it down. I usually have it around 300, tho I often see people setting it all the way down to 0.

Sent from my DROIDX

1 - 15 of 15 Posts