Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Average Android
190 Posts
I just flashed MIUI4DX (1.8.19) and when it first started up, the launcher kept FC'ing. Is there anything I can do to fix this (maybe get into CWR somehow and reflash ROM) or do I have to SBF? :(

I've flashed many ROMs, including 2nd init, but I've never had a launcher stuck force closing...

[edit] i'm going to go ahead and SBF, but if anyone knows a way to fix this without an SBF, please share.

· Average Android
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mcp770 said:
I had similar issues but rather than sbf I booted into cwr cleared cache and dalvik cache then mounted system and reinstalled the rom. This kept data intact and the rom runs better than ever, even torch works. Might double install from now on.
that's what I was trying to do, but I couldn't get into CWR because the launcher kept FCing, meaning I couldn't get to ROM manager (or any other app) to reboot into recovery. Is there another way to get into CWR on MIUI? I know the power button option doesn't work, right?

· Android Addict
1,026 Posts
droidxixis said:
I just flashed MIUI4DX (1.8.19) and when it first started up, the launcher kept FC'ing. Is there anything I can do to fix this (maybe get into CWR somehow and reflash ROM) or do I have to SBF? :(

I've flashed many ROMs, including 2nd init, but I've never had a launcher stuck force closing...

[edit] i'm going to go ahead and SBF, but if anyone knows a way to fix this without an SBF, please share.
Finally!!! Been having this problem forever and couldnt find anyone with similuar problem! Same thing used to happen to me but i went back and did a fresh install now the only time my phone is laggy is when i unplug from usb. I would try properly installing it, i watched a youtube video to be sure i got it all 100% right! Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.