Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running CM4DX now and have been happy with it. But... Miui looks like it could be fun to play with. Does anyone one know if any of the following bugs in cm4dx are fixed in Miui?

* widescreen option for camera
* 720p HD video recording
* dialer working in landscape mode with the Car dock

If any/all if these are covered then I'll be making the switch!
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
439 Posts
Why do people get so hung up about the widescreen camera? All it is is a digital crop in camera, which you can accomplish yourself with any photo editing app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

same goes for video. 720p out over HDMI is a great thing

Bigger issue for me is dialer in car mode. Only used it once and missed multiple calls and couldn't check vm because couldn't enter my pin w/o hitting end. That's a problem for longer drives where can't pull off, remove from dock and return a call
 

·
Android Nut
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
jonwgee said:
Why do people get so hung up about the widescreen camera? All it is is a digital crop in camera, which you can accomplish yourself with any photo editing app
+1. dont understand why someone would want to lower the resolution (cropped) and think it's better. to each his own. :)
 

·
O_o
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
jnasmith09 said:
Bigger issue for me is dialer in car mode. Only used it once and missed multiple calls and couldn't check vm because couldn't enter my pin w/o hitting end. That's a problem for longer drives where can't pull off, remove from dock and return a call
Interesting, I made and received lots of calls in the car dock when I was on CM7. Never had any issues. Even had a PIN set for a long time.
jnasmith09 said:
* widescreen option for camera
Have you tried a third party camera app like Vignette or 360? I know Vignette lets you choose 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, etc ratios.
 

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
Joined
·
262 Posts
jnasmith09 said:
+1

same goes for video. 720p out over HDMI is a great thing

Bigger issue for me is dialer in car mode. Only used it once and missed multiple calls and couldn't check vm because couldn't enter my pin w/o hitting end. That's a problem for longer drives where can't pull off, remove from dock and return a call
I know what your talking about the buttons would overlap in the car dock.
 
G

·
jonwgee said:
Why do people get so hung up about the widescreen camera? All it is is a digital crop in camera, which you can accomplish yourself with any photo editing app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The thing is, a lot of people don't want to spend the time doing a digital crop in post processing. Instead, they want the camera to do it for them while also showing on the screen what anything they are taking a picture of will look like after the crop is applied. I think most people know that it is a digital crop. The simple fact of the matter is people want convenience, especially if they take a considerable amount of photos.
 

·
Android Master
Joined
·
3,956 Posts
"razorloves said:
+1. dont understand why someone would want to lower the resolution (cropped) and think it's better. to each his own. :)
+1 here as well.
 

·
Prepare Your Android
Joined
·
252 Posts
Pardon me if this is a silly question, but with nightly 41 being upgraded to 2.3.5, will that have an impact on flashing between the two and the nightlies going forward, say if I decide to flash back to CM7 from MIUI or vice versa?
 

·
O_o
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
There are a few apps that wont load until you flash the patch. As for too much chinese... I only notice it when applying themes (who cares since they are in english once you apply them?) and if I am writing a text message, click the attach button, and pick "Festivals" LOL
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top