Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3243 Posts

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
MIUI 2012.11.11

Download - Goo.im Downloads - Browsing MIUI4DX
md5sum - ec26038ede6f093f75a2afeae9f57b2d MIUI.us_Shadow_2012.11.11-Aroma-Wizard0f0s-signed.zip

Secondary Mirrors (DropBox):
Wizard0f0s - https://dl.dropbox.c...0f0s-signed.zip

**** NOTES, PLEASE READ THIS ****

The installation process is basically the same as before, but now we have Aroma. Aroma was written by amarullz and can be found here - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1461712

Aroma is essentially a graphical installer (yes, it's touch enabled). You flash the zip just like normal, but now you can select some options of what to or not to install. One of the major pieces that came together with this is the ability to install individual governors for bootmenu and not the entire package. This helps to save space in the /system partition (any of you that have worked with the ICS roms probably know what I'm referring to).

The one other thing you don't have to worry about is all the wiping before you flash the rom. You can choose which wiping method you want to use during the installation as well.

If you find that you're part way through the installer and want to quit before you actually start it, press Menu & Vol-. This will open a menu at the bottom of the screen and you can select to exit the installer (thanks CnB for pointing this out to me!).

I want to give huge props to milski65 for helping with this release. Milski donated his DX to the cause and saved me a ton of time. Because of him, this release is today and not another month from now. THANK YOU MILSKI!!!!

Updating from existing MIUI Installation
(2012.2.29 or Later):

1) Wipe cache and dalvik-cache

2) Install and enjoy!

Updating from existing MIUI Installation
(Prior to 2012.2.29)

1) Backup using the settings below.
2) Reboot to CWR using cat.gif and then the Power->Reboot menu (or SBF and skip to #5).
3) Continue with General Installation Instructions

General Installation
(All other Roms)

1) Reboot into CWR
2) Go to "Mounts and Storage" and format /system, /data, and /cache.
3) Go to "Advanced" and wipe dalvik-cache.
4) Flash the zip.
5) Reboot
6) Toggle Superuser to allow Root Access.
7) Restore your previous backup.
8) Setup any widgets you want.
9) Enjoy!

MIUI Backup Instructions:

1) Open the MIUI Backup App (usually found in the Tools folder by default)
2) Select all Applications (you can use another backup app like TiBu for the apps)
3) Unselect System and expand it.
4) Select the options you desire, however, do not select Contacts, Wifi Settings, or Superuser.
For example, I select:
* Browser
* Call Logs
* System Settings
* Homescreen Layout
* Notes
* Current Theme
5) When you restore the backup, simply check all applications and system settings. Only those that you backed up will be restored.
6) After the restore, you will get prompted to re-enter your Google account. Cancel out of this and go to Accounts and Sync and add the account there (you will get a FC and it won't work on the initial prompt, so don't waste your time).

Credits

These people helped to make this Rom possible (in no particular order):

BobCaruso, ClothednBlack, SkiBum1207, SaurusX, jdpdata, Jubakuba, 1loudsvt, milski65, bsbabcock, seamore5, DXC, BMc, Int_Rnd_Pooka, lorc, FirstEncounter, Infazzdar, the Defy Team, BlackAdept, Goose306, fezrock, and MIUI.us

I hope I didn't miss anybody, but I'm sure I did. If I did miss you, please let me know and I'll add you here where you belong.

Disclaimer

Assume all the legal jargon is here. Even pretend it's funny if you want to. Basically, I don't take any responsibility for what you do to your own phone. You've already voided the warranty if you rooted it and I had nothing at all to do with that.

##################################################################################################################
##################################################################################################################

Prior Version(s):

Miui 2012.5.12:

Download - Goo.im Downloads - Browsing MIUI4DX

Secondary Mirrors (DropBox):
Wizard0f0s - http://dl.dropbox.co...0f0s-signed.zip
ClothednBlack - http://db.tt/mY7EbODK
Deadly_Hamsters - https://www.dropbox....0f0s-signed.zip

Recommended Additional Apps:

Xternal display (free) - Enable HDMI Viewing
- Goo - http://goo.im/devs/w...splay_1.2.1.apk
- DropBox - https://dl.dropbox.c...splay_1.2.1.apk

Android Wifi Tether (free) - Enable Wifi (adhoc and infrastructure) Tethering
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Mods

MIUI Stock Browser
- Goo - http://goo.im/devs/w...tockBrowser.zip
- DropBox - https://dl.dropbox.c...tockBrowser.zip

MIUI Default Browser (the one that comes with the rom)
- DropBox - http://dl.dropbox.co...ser-Default.zip

MIUIsettings (MIUI Control Panel - this is already built in) - http://android.gcfam...IUIsettings.apk

Change Log

2012.5.12 Change Log

Blur->Miui Merge
- Merged the Blur Power Manager Service into Miui. This gives our phones access to the deepSleep() native functionality.

HijackedBootmenu Fixes and Additions
- Removed the specific governor settings from the CPU Settings menu. Governor selection remains, but the menu choices are cleaned up.
- Changed the Multitouch options in the Fixes menu to a single toggle.
- Added a toggle to the Fixes menu for the Power Wake Only mod.
- Added a toggle to the Fixes menu for the Key Lights On/Off mod.

Default Boot Animation provided by fezrock

Boot Logo added in just for fun
- If anybody wants to change it to something else, I recommend JRummy's Boot Logo Changer - http://goo.gl/JGQJI (link goes to the Play Store) or use Rom Toolbox. An SBF will also change it back to stock.
- If you are really adventurous, you can make your own flash to do the same thing. Check out this site - Easily Change the Motorola Boot Logo on Your DROID X/2 | LimitlessDroid.com

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
NOTES AND CURRENT ISSUES:

* No more cat.jpg or cat.gif!!!!
* Camera occasionally will be black screened for some reason. A reboot usually fixes this. If not, reflash the rom (no wipes needed at all).
* Rzr-recovery.zip does not restore after wiping /preinstall. Either manually copy /system/bootmenu/recovery/rzr-recovery.zip to /preinstall/recovery/rzr-recovery.zip or reflash rom (no wipes needed).
* In Bootmenu->Recovery, the "Go back" option closes bootmenu and continues the boot. If you have to get back to bootmenu without trying to boot the rom, select cwm recovery, reboot out of it and reselect bootmenu via volume down at the blue led.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Wheeeeeee!!!! Here we go!!!!!

There goes the rest of the day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As for wether or not it works as a slot ROM, i have been running it for a few hours already today (picked it up on goo-insideme early this morning). It has been running really well for me so far and i love it. Thanks wizard (and those helping you) you guys do great work! Running as a slot HDMI works along with 720p as well. I will be moving it from my slot once i create another sbf disk so i can use my mac. Thanks!

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just in time for the Snow Day coming up here to Maine! Thanks Wiz!
Snow day? Wow, I wish. It's 63° here right now.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

·
Android Apprentice
132 Posts
Hey Wiz, if I'm running your Test3 build now, I'll just need to wipe /System/Cache/Davlik to upgrade to this build correct?

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Wiz, if I'm running your Test3 build now, I'll just need to wipe /System/Cache/Davlik to upgrade to this build correct?
Just cache and dalvik.

Btw, I forgot to put it in the change logs, but I finally fixed it so MIUIsettings.apk (Miui Control Panel) auto installs to data like it is supposed to.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

·
Android Lover
557 Posts
And right after I went ahead and flashed the build that was on goo-inside.me too haha.
Soooooo glad that HDMI out is working now, sound doesn't matter to me because I have different speakers it can be plugged into :D
Thank you very much wiz.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
It's 70 here and we had a tornado today. Bam!

Back on topic, looking forward to flashing this.

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I keep forgetting to mention this. There is no longer any reason to run cat.jpg or cat.gif for anything.

·
Android Lover
557 Posts
I didn't know rzr recovery had touch. Very cool.I'm glad we don't need to type cat.jpg in anymore too. And I had actually remembered that it wouldn't be needed.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

·
Developer
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take that cat.gif

Last time for that pic, it meant more this time :)

sent from my wizardry BOOSTEDassV2 DX Miui
Gotta love that pic. :D

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
I've noticed a difference in the file sizes from the one posted this morning. I'm going to install the one I downloaded this afternoon of course, but I just figured I'd let you guys know, since I saw that at least one person has already installed the morning copy. Not sure what the differences are, but I'm using the one with the clean fresh scent.

Thanks WiZ!

Also, to booey, we have a tornado watch for this evening. I saw on the news where it hit somewhere in IL and Ky south of Lexington. I'm right on the KY/VA line in Buchanan Co, va.

·
Android Addict
1,050 Posts
Hey Wizard...for those of us who are coming from beans galnet ics 2.2.5 which instructions should we follow on OP?

One more noob question...what is this talk about typing cat.GIF or jpg. Or something..I don't understand.

Thanks

·
Android Lover
557 Posts
Hey Wizard...for those of us who are coming from beans galnet ics 2.2.5 which instructions should we follow on OP?

One more noob question...what is this talk about typing cat.GIF or jpg. Or something..I don't understand.

Thanks
Follow either, it doesn't matter since you're going to be formatting the system and everything else anyway. And cat.jpg has been used since bootmenu was implemented into this rom.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

·
Android Apprentice
413 Posts
Question: once on this build do I need to format flash rzr recovery from somewhere, or can I just boot right into it from the reboot menu? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 3243 Posts