Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Includes Recovery

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
MIUI v4.1 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Fascinate

With The Exclusive MIUI.us Toolbox

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

Gapps is not included in this release. You must download the Jelly Bean CM10 gapps package.

NOTE: A data wipe is REQUIRED when updating from any version below 2.8.31!

Installation Instructions

If coming from any other ROM, you must download and flash CM10 before flashing this ROM.​
  • Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Factory reset device
  • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!
What Doesn't Work
  • Wifi Tethering
  • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
  • Torch
Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above.
Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM10 possible for the Fascinate
  • MIUI for the awesome ROM
  • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls
I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.

·
Android Apprentice
290 Posts
Installed this on my mesmerize running great thanks! Only thing, is there a way to change the carrier text to read US Cellular instead of Verizon? and the set dns change did not fix the mms which is not a huge issue with me. Thanks again for the port...

·
MIUI.us Developer
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed this on my mesmerize running great thanks! Only thing, is there a way to change the carrier text to read US Cellular instead of Verizon? and the set dns change did not fix the mms which is not a huge issue with me. Thanks again for the port...
I'll be releasing a Mesmerize port which will have the correct carrier in the status bar sometime soon.

·
MIUI.us Developer
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No updater app when I flash. Also lots of process.acore force closes.
Updater app should be included. Should be in the Tools folder by default. Try wiping cache/dalvik if you haven't already done so and fixing permissions to see if that gets rid of the force closes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Web,
I flashed your new build and it is very sweet. MMS over wifi on my phone(AOKP was the only one so far that worked on my phone)! No force close issue so far. I'm thinking of flashing the "new" Glitch kernel with the sensor fix to see if the compass works too.
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Weblexa,
I flashed Glitch V14 B6 with the sensor fix and everything seems to be working fine except for auto rotation(known bug which I can live with).
Excellent work!

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
look forward to this for mesmerize now that it's all working!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
How are you guys able to use this ROM? MiuiHome crashes on me constantly. I wiped everything prior coming to this ROM, of course. Guess I'll see if Glitch's kernal will have any effect.

Also, I restored Apps (app only, no data) via Titanium and installed them on my SD card. Not sure if this has any effect on anything.

·
Imma Flash Attic
119 Posts
How are you guys able to use this ROM? MiuiHome crashes on me constantly. I wiped everything prior coming to this ROM, of course. Guess I'll see if Glitch's kernal will have any effect.

Also, I restored Apps (app only, no data) via Titanium and installed them on my SD card. Not sure if this has any effect on anything.
It is the restore of the apps the same thing happened to me ohh yeaa use the lastest version on glitch on that because if you use the old ones your mms will break and some other stuff :Index of /tk-glitch/CM9-kernels/Glitch/Fascinate version:(CM9-fascinatemtd-Glitch-V14-B6.zip 24-Mar-2012 18:11 5.0M)

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
NOTHING WORKS ON 2.3.30 STICK WITH THE 2.2.23
... A lot of things work. Hell, other than 3 things (3G signal bars displays incorrectly, wifi tethering, and torch) everything else works... Sure there are some features from GB MIUI that are missing but that's on MIUI China, and I'm sure they will eventually make there way into MIUI v4.

3G (other than bars) - works
SMS - works
MMS - works
MMS over wifi - works
GPS - works
Bluetooth - works
All camera functions (flash, panoramic, video) - works
Themes (Albeit, most themes are still GB themes and need to be updated for MIUI v4) - works

If anything, this has been the best release yet (2.3.30). Maybe it was your flash order, maybe you missed a step, maybe it was a bad flash... But who knows because you didn't explain... If you run into any issues, Odin back to stock/ flash THS 2/ flash latest MIUI/ Odin GB bootloaders/ flash latest glitch/ PROFIT. If you still run into problems then please report back so that Weblexa can look into it but a statement such as "EVERYTHINGS BORKED, DON'T USE THIS VERSION!" doesn't really help when no one else seems to have a problem. Don't mean to come off as a Dick, I'm just trying to help.

Currently running latest MIUI 2.3.30 with Glitch v14 B6 (with fast charge and sensor fix)

Sent from my Glitched MIUI v4 Fascinate using the RootzWiki app.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts