Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Nexus
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is someone working on MIUI running the GB kernel? My phone doesn't work well with the froyo kernel, it causes freezes are reboots. I noticed this with CM7 too but the GB kernel version of that works great.

·
Android Lover
164 Posts
Framework has supposedly been working on it for quite sometime now, but IMO, I think he's moved on to supporting the D3, which is why we haven't heard anything for awhile. My reasoning for this is because he openly asked for donations towards the purchase of a D3 for development.

There is nothing wrong with moving on, I just wish we weren't left in the dark. As much as I loved Fission, I really respected AngDroid for coming out and openly saying he was done supporting the D2 and DX, and gave pretty good reasoning to boot.

·
Android Lover
411 Posts
UrbanBounca said:
Framework has supposedly been working on it for quite sometime now, but IMO, I think he's moved on to supporting the D3, which is why we haven't heard anything for awhile. My reasoning for this is because he openly asked for donations towards the purchase of a D3 for development.

There is nothing wrong with moving on, I just wish we weren't left in the dark. As much as I loved Fission, I really respected AngDroid for coming out and openly saying he was done supporting the D2 and DX, and gave pretty good reasoning to boot.
He is starting to move over to the D3 - however there's no reason that he would neglect us at this point and not neglect them as well, you know. He DID say that after he upgrades to GB kernel all further builds will be automatically built. He's probably just struggling to find the time to get that done.

·
Android Developer
396 Posts
UrbanBounca said:

Give the guy a break, he is working on the update but like everyone else here, working on updates is not his number one priority. I saw a twitter that he started classes a week ago so I'm sure he is busy with that and trying to find time to work on an update for us as well. We just need to be patient and good things come to those who wait!! :)

And I am sure sending donations his way for his hard work probably wouldn't hurt either!! :)

·
Android Lover
562 Posts
Where can you find miui with the gingerbread kernal. I went to miui.us under droidx it still says v1.9.9.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
52 Posts

·
Average Android
76 Posts
Yeah the battery life is insane in comparison for me too. Just as good if not better than Liberty v0.9

~Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.16.1

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
So just to clarify if I flashed the newest version 1.9.16 after its been reposted do I need to flash the bug stomper? Is the stomper for froyo or GB? I'm a little confused.

·
↑☻Rom Junkie
257 Posts
Ghub1 said:
So just to clarify if I flashed the newest version 1.9.16 after its been reposted do I need to flash the bug stomper? Is the stomper for froyo or GB? I'm a little confused.
Bug stomper is now for gb 16 and is included in the newest build.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts