Android OS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Music Composer
168 Posts

FULL WIPE REQUIRED
If you are coming from ANY rom including and previous MIUI release, you need to do a full wipe because of the changes I have made to /data and /cache. I recommend backing up apps before flashing using MIUI Backup in MIUI 1.7.15 and later (because of the recent UI update.) (I can't guarantee that MIUI Backup will work properly below 1.7.15.)

I did modify the old multi-tasking settings I was using in older builds this week. If things are worse, please let me know in the bug thread.

There is a 2nd post below containing add-ons and instructions to tweak the rom.

Follow me on twitter @TreyMotes

This ROM is translated for English.

Download: FULL ROM UPDATE 1.7.29.0

MD5: b44df38c82a7902630e97956e8ea789d

PLEASE, DO NOT POST BUGS/ISSUES UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE.

This release from MIUI.com and ported by MIUIAndroid.com is mostly stable but still Beta.

Translations were done by MarkHUK (The beast that he is...)

***​

Changes made by me:
* New homescreen layout (zip will be provided to reset launcher below)
* New custom wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper
* Added a few wallpapers from Sense 3.0 and Motorola Roms
* Added Google Maps, Google Voice, Voice Search, Script Manager, Rom Manager, Google+
* Added LG Keyboard from Optimus 2X (Special thanks: jumaaneface)
* Unknown applications are allowed to install by default. (disable it if you're scared.)
* Moved /system/media to /cache/s-part/media (to make room for LG Keyboard)
* Included V6 SuperCharger Ver. 8 script in /sdcard/MIUIAndroid_Extras (script credit: zeppelinrox)
* Native USB tether should be fixed (although I did not test)
* Stock CM7 kernel modified. Boots @ 800MHz, Interactive gov.
* Carrier text now says "MIUI" (Hidden by default, see Extended Settings credit below)
* New lockscreens included (add by editing current theme in Theme Manager, and selecting "Lockscreen Style")
* Added a TON of kernel tweaks to the way Android handles the internal flash memory
* ProTips.apk removed (it's worthless anyway)
* VMHeapSize set to 40MB
* WiFi Scan Interval set to 90 for battery life
* Set Ring Delay to 100 (down from 3000)
* Compcache is running at boot (set to 32mb)
* SDCard Cache set to 2048 for speedup.
* Less delay for the screen to turn on when removing head from phone when in call.
* Tweaked the internal Gingerbread memory management. (Multi-tasking should be a little better now. :))
* Various Tweaks for greater speed and smoothness

I have moved many of the apps into folders organized by categories. There is a folder with the label "--------". That is for your trash, apps you don't want cluttering the screen etc. But obviously change things as you see fit.

***​

Known Issues:
* Camera flash doesn't work properly. (I will address this as soon as I figure it out)
* If you need to Dial *228, you must instead Dial *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
* MMS Video does not work properly. (This is an issue with the ROM from china, not the port.)
* The camera can be heard initializing at boot. (This seems to be caused by Google Talk, but is harmless.)
* Facebook only syncs all contacts.
* Yahoo mail accounts do not work with the stock Email app.

4WayBoot credit: roenano Thread Here

Extended Settings credit: Andy Thomson Thread Here

***​

(sorry, been forgetting to include this in my threads.)
Special thanks:
* magiman7 for being the gentleman he is.
* frosthejack for the cool updater script (that I keep forgetting to include in the rom.)
* jamezelle for showing almost anyone who has ever ported MIUI to the OG droid, how to do it.
* MarkHUK for the translation work that he has done.
* MIUI.cn Devs for this rom

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Add-Ons:

* Reset Launcher to default (coming soon)
* Stock GB Keyboard (coming soon)

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Its been a while since I've messed with the OG Droid.. Wife is bored with her Droid and this will definitely spice it up!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts